• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Fest 2024 Thread

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

this reads eerily like a post from the 2023 preseason, the excuses were flowing like wine early on as well

I don't think we'll have a decent idea until we see some games.  I bought in pretty hard last year and I was excited for Bryce.  It seemed like everything was going great until we played another NFL team.  And it was like they had 2 years of film on the guy before he even took a snap.  

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think his main focus is on the 2.7 or less. Once we get comfortable with that, the playbook can open up. I feel like just 2 practices ago they were throwing up deep passes though? He even hit DJ on the 55 yards pass plus several tweets about deep passes. It was one of the ones @Icege was sharing with us. 

What deep passes are you talking about? I have not seen anything about a 55 yarder?

and this whole 2.7 second excuse is already getting old. 2.7 seconds gives you enough time to throw deep. Hell, you wait much longer and you’ll need to be able to chuck it 60 air yards to catch up to a WR

Edited by *FreeFua*

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

What deep passes are you talking about? I have not seen anything about a 55 yarder?

It was to DJ posted by Icege during TC early this week. Aired out to the right on the 1v1s. I think he had Horn on him but I could be wrong about the CB. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

It was to DJ posted by Icege during TC early this week. Aired out to the right on the 1v1s. I think he had Horn on him but I could be wrong about the CB. 

You can’t count 1v1’s Into this equation. 1v1’s leave him literally no choice. When he has the choice he doesn’t go deep. Maybe you’re thinking about the attempt to Thielen? Where Horn catches up while ball in air

But yeah, 2.7 seconds is still enough time to go deep. Getting the ball out quick doesn’t mean it HAS to be thrown short 

37 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think his main focus is on the 2.7 or less. Once we get comfortable with that, the playbook can open up. I feel like just 2 practices ago they were throwing up deep passes though? He even hit DJ on the 55 yards pass plus several tweets about deep passes. It was one of the ones @Icege was sharing with us. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/11/2/23942644/comparing-pocket-time-between-patrick-mahomes-and-tua-tagovailoa#:~:text=Per Pro Football Reference%2C "pocket,2.4 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

IMG_0806.jpeg.308a25daa76b3cd77a5edaf07db5eb2c.jpegIMG_0807.jpeg.d6fa9718d23d5065d1470c7a3d27fce6.jpeg

2.7 seconds isn’t the reason he isn’t throwing deep

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

You can’t count 1v1’s Into this equation. 1v1’s leave him literally no choice. When he has the choice he doesn’t go deep. Maybe you’re thinking about the attempt to Thielen? Where Horn catches up while ball in air

But yeah, 2.7 seconds is still enough time to go deep. Getting the ball out quick doesn’t mean it HAS to be thrown short 

https://x.com/KeepPurringBen/status/1817933263203106904?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1817933263203106904|twgr^8465209b706a54edc959ed755a85476a6dfb75fb|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.carolinahuddle.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FKeepPurringBen%2Fstatus%2F1817933263203106904

Sorry for the long ass link, but 55 air yard pass to DJ.

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

When you are learning a new offense and the HC is trying to emphasis getting the ball out quick you tend to start with short quick passes.  DC is wanting it out under 2.7 every time right now.  Longer passes to be longer developing.  I hope you realize an average means there are longer and shorter times.  A lot of deep passes require a little bit more time.  You have to learn the basics first IMO.  If this is still going on when the games start like last year then yeah it's a big concern.  

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

When you are learning a new offense and the HC is trying to emphasis getting the ball out quick you tend to start with short quick passes.  DC is wanting it out under 2.7 every time right now.  Longer passes to be longer developing.  I hope you realize an average means there are longer and shorter times.  A lot of deep passes require a little bit more time.  You have to learn the basics first IMO.  If this is still going on when the games start like last year then yeah it's a big concern.  

2.7 seconds is enough time to take a deep shot period. Have you not ever seen a QB drop back and let it rip? I’m pointing out the fact that the average time to throw is 2.4/2.5 and you’re pretending like 2.7 prevents us from doing anything other than short passes. It doesn’t. 

33 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

There was no coverage. It was a passing drill where he had all day to set up and heave it with no on one his face, and he still underthrew it in that Diontae jogged the last part of his route.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I agree, I didn't mean to make it sound like I shared their concern.  Just that I have confidence that Canales would step in if Bryce isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing.  I do feel like things are going by design; Canales seems to be very hands-on with his offensive vision which makes sense because that's his background.  He for sure has repeatedly emphasized the 2.7 seconds thing so I think you're spot on with that.

Yep I've seen a few of those deep passes you've mentioned but I can't remember if those were all 1-on-1s?  Or were any of them during 11-on-11s?  Cause I would draw a distinction between the two, but I can't remember off the top of my head and it's also still super early in camp.  I think people act like this is a pattern this offseason because they're carrying over grievances from last season when I think we need to not necessarily give Bryce a 100% clean slate, but the Bryce/Canales combo.

Everyone should be able to agree that we need to see a consistent deep ball connection throughout the season. No excuses. Whether or not that will happen is anyone's guess. No sense going at each other about this until we see it one way or another. It's been discussed relentlessly. Within 2 months we will know.

As an aside. I will say this current predicament we find ourselves in with Dalton being out and the third QB looking abysmal at best is why I wanted to put more of an emphasis on having another young QB worth his salt on the roster. Instead of someone who is an afterthought like Plummer. We'll see how it works out as the season progresses.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

2.7 seconds is enough time to take a deep shot period. Have you not ever seen a QB drop back and let it rip? I’m pointing out the fact that the average time to throw is 2.4/2.5 and you’re pretending like 2.7 prevents us from doing anything other than short passes. It doesn’t. 

That's true but I also hear so many of the usual suspects complaining on those deep passes that the ball "floats in the air" too long.  That's the only way to throw <2.7 second deep shots.  There's no such thing as a <2.7 second deep bullet pass considering the receiver needs time to actually run down the field.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Everyone should be able to agree that we need to see a consistent deep ball connection throughout the season. No excuses. Whether or not that will happen is anyone's guess. No sense going at each other about this until we see it one way or another. It's been discussed relentlessly. Within 2 months we will know.

As an aside. I will say this current predicament we find ourselves in with Dalton being out and the third QB looking abysmal at best is why I wanted to put more of an emphasis on having another young QB worth his salt on the roster. Instead of someone who is an afterthought like Plummer. We'll see how it works out as the season progresses.

I would bet dollars to donuts that we draft a qb in the 2025 draft.  Not sure what round but something tells me DC would like to have a dude in his mold learning the craft.  It would be interesting to know what DC thinks is the ideal qb prospect is and what he looks like.

• Beer 1