• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Fest 2024 Thread

54 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Tried to watch some of it on TV, but wow, they couldn't keep the camera on the game or the ball or the players. Who handled the coverage, the Clemson freshman broadcasting club?

The broadcast was told not to video the practice. Kinda defeats the point of broadcasting the practice altogether. 

• Pie 5

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The broadcast was told not to video the practice. Kinda defeats the point of broadcasting the practice altogether. 

They don’t want a video evidence of Tepper meddling his throaty balls all over the players and coaches in practice. No video no proof. 

Didn't Dalton sit out last FanFest/Pre-Season too? Starting to think this is intentional to not damage Bryce's confidence or something. 

Read somewhere that Dalton might be injured a few weeks. If that's the case, I'd be interested to see if they bring in another Plummer type or somebody like Tannehill/Gabbert.

49 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Didn't Dalton sit out last FanFest/Pre-Season too? Starting to think this is intentional to not damage Bryce's confidence or something. 

Read somewhere that Dalton might be injured a few weeks. If that's the case, I'd be interested to see if they bring in another Plummer type or somebody like Tannehill/Gabbert.

No.

10 hours ago, App Panther said:

The offense not scoring for an hour scares the poo out of me.

I think it is predictable. 

Bryce Young isn't very good....and Canales plays a style of football that probably makes Frank's O look like a good fit for Bryce. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I kinda figured that was the call, but really, why even bother then?

I hope the season isn't the clusterflack that "event" was.

• Beer 2

10 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

So can someone clarify if the starting o-line was out there? I’m seeing something about Clowney destroying some RT named Badara Traore. Did Moton have the night off? Cause that would explain some of the o-line struggles tonight. I also saw some mention of Zavala getting a lot of snaps (which would DEFINITELY explain the o-line struggles), but not sure if that was 1st team or 2nd team.

Moton did not play Traore is some former undrafted journeyman bum I'm holding any reservations on oline performance because from what I saw Traore was a one man turnstile.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Moton did not play Traore is some former undrafted journeyman bum I'm holding any reservations on oline performance because from what I saw Traore was a one man turnstile.

I'd be okay with rolling into the season with Christensen, Nijman, Mays, and Zavala as the back-ups (unless somebody outperforms Zavala in camp, of course). Christensen and Nijman can both play RT, and I think Mays even had some exp in college (though that would be less than ideal at the pro level imo).

23 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'd be okay with rolling into the season with Christensen, Nijman, Mays, and Zavala as the back-ups (unless somebody outperforms Zavala in camp, of course). Christensen and Nijman can both play RT, and I think Mays even had some exp in college (though that would be less than ideal at the pro level imo).

I would not be surprised if Zavala doesn't make the team.

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I would not be surprised if Zavala doesn't make the team.

Same, he was really bad last year. I got mocked by a Falcons fan I know when Zavala got carted off the field in an ambulance in detroit and it turned out to be a stinger or pulled muscle. 

Give me: 

Ekwonu, Lewis, Corbett, Hunt, and Moton as the starters and Nijman, Mays, Christensen, and some random FA center. 

Quite frankly, I don't like the idea of moving Corbett (who has been injured a lot recently) to center with no other real options. It looked like every other snap came off low or high yesterday. 

2 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

The only realistic vet options are Barkley/Siemian/Gabbert. Tannehill probably still wants to compete for a starting spot. I wouldn't put it past them to really dig deep to find someone even worse than Plummer so there is no fear of competition

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The only realistic vet options are Barkley/Siemian/Gabbert. Tannehill probably still wants to compete for a starting spot. I wouldn't put it past them to really dig deep to find someone even worse than Plummer so there is no fear of competition

Same. 

There’s no way they’re looking to bring in anyone that could potentially threaten for the starting job. Which basically means they need to find a Plummer-level type or the 3 guys you mentioned.

I’d personally like to see them bring in someone a bit more mobile. 

• Pie 1

Plummer is supposed to get lots of reps during these pre season games. I don’t think we’re in a position to just be wasting reps after last season. Especially at QB

I really wished they would’ve made a move for Howell or Fields

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Beer 1