• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jalen Coker …is he a lock!

Iceup

https://x.com/KeepPurringBen/status/1818693758621282638

Apparently Coker got a really good contract for a UDFA. The Draftnetwork seems to think that makes him a lock to make the roster.

If this is true then, the way I see it, Thielan, XL, Dionte, and probably Mingo are all locks as well. ISM may also be because of his special teams contribution. Does that mean TMJ is gone? How do you think the WR room shakes out? Who stays? Who is cut?

Edited by Iceup
  • Pie 1

It's not a lock. A few years back Carson Strong got the biggest UDFA contract from the eagles then barely played or practiced in camp/preseason, then was let go.

Of course Coker has already shown more in the short time he's been around than Strong did, but the money is not a factor.

I really hope he is spending his time glued to Thielen's hip since they have very similar styles (Not burners, route runners with good hands) and were both UDFAs. A ton of useful knowledge/experience he could get there.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

41 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It's not a lock. A few years back Carson Strong got the biggest UDFA contract from the eagles then barely played or practiced in camp/preseason, then was let go.

Of course Coker has already shown more in the short time he's been around than Strong did, but the money is not a factor.

I really hope he is spending his time glued to Thielen's hip since they have very similar styles (Not burners, route runners with good hands) and were both UDFAs. A ton of useful knowledge/experience he could get there.

carson strong

holy poo who was the dude pimping him as the best qb in that class?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I think the ark C got a similar contract as well. You are right, crazy as it sounds spending a few hundred thousand on UDFAs and cutting them before the season is just part of the business. I know you remember the hair dude underwood(?) that Dave gave him like 400,000-600,000 SB and he didn't make the roster. It happens too much, but that's just the current market. 

I honestly thought Dan had a better UDFA haul than his draft haul. He spent a high amount and was very aggressive. Couple guys should make the team and few should be on the PS. He got some talent and wasted money, but that's the only way. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/91441/andrew-raym

I don't think he makes the team. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

I agree with most of what has been said in this thread. Thompkins, Coker, ISM may all also be replaced by other camp cuts later too. I read an article today predicting the Chiefs cut Mecole Hardman again. He’d be an upgrade over ISM probably. Someone will get cut and steal a spot here at some point more than likely.

Edited by Iceup