• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Fest Roll Call

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Not enough, sadly. I have had too many experiences being in SC sports bars and there being more people rooting against the Panthers than for them. Definitely has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Some places are just so full of transplants. Bars in all kinds of places promote themselves as Steelers bars or Cowboys or ‘lately' New England in the old days Oakland Raiders.

I used to work at The Bowery down in Myrtle, 40 years ago, and one of the guys had his van airbrushed with the Dallas front four, I forget what they called them. But we didn’t have a team. Open territory as they say. 

Not having an NFL team until the mid ’90s left most of us that live in places people want to move to, suffering that circumstance. 

I mean there were plenty of pro football fans, but no team. So... college=. And our college football, even as it is, beats NC college ball  and generally has for decades. Like since Choo Choo Justice,

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Not enough, sadly. I have had too many experiences being in SC sports bars and there being more people rooting against the Panthers than for them. Definitely has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Huddle must have a lot of South Carolinians.