• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Fest Roll Call

Who is all going??? 

I know the turnout may not be as big since it is not in Charlotte this year but knowing I am only 45 minutes from the campus, I just knew I had to go to it, not just for me but it will be my 4 year old son's first big football experience so it's pretty exciting for him too!

That said, if you are planning on making the trip down to Clemson from Charlotte, definitely check out Tiger Town Tavern... Pretty well known spot in downtown Clemson. If you are eying places to eat, your best bet is heading over towards Anderson (although Clemson has gotten a lot better with variety since I lived over there a long time ago.) or head down 123 towards Seneca and there are several places over there too (just not as big as Anderson.) 

Hope that helps some folks out that are not familiar with the area... Maybe others can chime in too and hope to see some of y'all there! 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Who is all going??? 

I know the turnout may not be as big since it is not in Charlotte this year but knowing I am only 45 minutes from the campus, I just knew I had to go to it, not just for me but it will be my 4 year old son's first big football experience so it's pretty exciting for him too!

That said, if you are planning on making the trip down to Clemson from Charlotte, definitely check out Tiger Town Tavern... Pretty well known spot in downtown Clemson. If you are eying places to eat, your best bet is heading over towards Anderson (although Clemson has gotten a lot better with variety since I lived over there a long time ago.) or head down 123 towards Seneca and there are several places over there too (just not as big as Anderson.) 

Hope that helps some folks out that are not familiar with the area... Maybe others can chime in too and hope to see some of y'all there! 

Or go to Greenville. Light years better than Clemson.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

They gotta get better before folks are lining up to see ‘em practice.  It is what it is, and it ain’t been good for a long time.  My kid is 13 and has no memories of this team winning.  He was 6 the last time we fielded a decent team.

Wouldn’t be caught dead in that crappy place. Last time I was there was out of respect for a friend that was a student there who died in a hazing incident. I wrongly assumed they would acknowledge him at a bare minimum. They did nothing and have barely acknowledged his existence since. 

• Flames 3

I have been debating,  was strongly considering this past weekend but that has changed to doubtful. I just think a 2 hr ride there and 2hr ride back to the charlotte area isnt worth it. They have a 11am practice on Saturday, imma just Try to make that. 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I have been debating,  was strongly considering this past weekend but that has changed to doubtful. I just think a 2 hr ride there and 2hr ride back to the charlotte area isnt worth it. They have a 11am practice on Saturday, imma just Try to make that. 

Horrible Idea on Teppers part lol. Clemson is basically Georgia and they can barely get 1-2k out in Charlotte for a free practice

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Horrible Idea on Teppers part lol. Clemson is basically Georgia and they can barely get 1-2k out in Charlotte for a free practice

I am curious about turnout in general. Have they been able to get more than a 50-60 person headcount any day so far?

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am curious about turnout in general. Have they been able to get more than a 50-60 person headcount any day so far?

Dunno, they had reserved online tickets, and then most of those people didn't show up after the first couple days so then they said people could walk up day of for tickets but the stands still looked pretty empty. Feels like more people would have shown up to Spartanburg out of tradition

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Dunno, they had reserved online tickets, and then most of those people didn't show up after the first couple days so then they said people could walk up day of for tickets but the stands still looked pretty empty. Feels like more people would have shown up to Spartanburg out of tradition

It's also closer to, IDK....the actual fanbase?

I have worked in Clemson a bunch over the years. Never seen or met a Panthers fan in almost 20 years of going there.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's also closer to, IDK....the actual fanbase?

I have worked in Clemson a bunch over the years. Never seen or met a Panthers fan in almost 20 years of going there.

Sounds about right. The Greenville sports stores primarily carry college merch, from SC to UGA

Have to get into NC before I see Panthers gear for sale

• Beer 1