• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Join this group!!!

Dpantherman

it's amazing how diverse the people are on facebook now a days.. it's great to see for people like me who hate hearing about who can and can't do things based on stereotypes..

To a degree. But I've been thinking a lot lately about how myopic the Internet and social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter have made us. You have complete control over who you interact with. Usually these people are very similar to you -- you join the same little groups, have the same interests, and often will have the same religious and political affiliations.

Yes, in real life I also think we tend to hang with people with like interests, but I think the aforementioned sites allow us to sort of close off those we might not agree with. I've seen some heated discussions on Facebook results in people not being (online) friends anymore, and I think that's just sad.

Facebook could be about meeting a lot of very different people and exposing yourself (tee-hee) to a lot of ideas you might not agree with. Instead, it allows us to withdraw further and further into our tailor-made world.

Archived