• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person presents: Panthers stock report, training camp week 1

59 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Compared to the amount that aren't it's still a low %%%%

Well that's the difference between evaluating well and not. There aren't very many guys that don't produce well for the first 2-3 seasons and then become above average NFL WR's. A lot of what you are referencing are just bad picks.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well that's the difference between evaluating well and not. There aren't very many guys that don't produce well for the first 2-3 seasons and then become above average NFL WR's. A lot of what you are referencing are just bad picks.

I can agree with that but I'm also not gonna write a guy off a week into his rookie camp that's silly.

10 hours ago, PantherChris said:

I can agree with that but I'm also not gonna write a guy off a week into his rookie camp that's silly.

Nor should you. I don't believe in XL and I didn't agree with the pick but I am not sitting here calling him a bust. You have to actually play real games to even see if that is true or not.

• Pie 3

The fact is XL is still a rookie and our fanbase has to be the worst out there at hyping up unproven players. Every year we draft 4 HOFs and 3 long term starters and then reality hits and it turns into 1 starter, 1-2 depth guys, and the rest are disappointments. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

On 8/1/2024 at 7:48 AM, PantherChris said:

The amount of people here who expect WRs to be instant impact players makes me laugh.....

Very few rookie WRs outside of the top 8 picks are year 1 monsters.... with a WR you usually don't know what you have until year 3.

That’s just not true. In 2023, there were 7 WRs with 700+ yards and from the 2022 draft, there are 8 WRs with 1000 to 2000+ yards in 2 years. In 2021’s draft there are 8 WRs with 1600+ yards including 4 WRs over 3000 yards. In the 2020 draft, there are 8 WRs that have 2500+ yards so far and 2 WRs over 5000 yards.

Out of those 31 WRs, 3 were top 10 picks. A WR picked late first, such as JJ, Flowers, Addison, Aiyuk and Lamb are usually effective immediately or they are busts like Raegor, Bateman, Toney, Burks, Dotson and Johnston (a little early on him).

Honestly, for a first round pick WR, the last 4 drafts kind of show that that ones who are going to be good contributors to studs show out right away.

While you might laugh, if Legette doesn’t show something early, that’s actually a bad sign based on the history of 1st round WRs.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

The fact is XL is still a rookie and our fanbase has to be the worst out there at hyping up unproven players. Every year we draft 4 HOFs and 3 long term starters and then reality hits and it turns into 1 starter, 1-2 depth guys, and the rest are disappointments. 

We overrate our guys, always have. When we trade them, they weren’t good. Maybe back when we had a load of talent and made the playoffs a bunch we didn’t overrate them but the amount of smoke blown up our asses in the past 7 drafts is incredible. The only good picks are guys we traded or Brown. Other than that, our picks have been underperforming. I’m not calling Leggette a bust until we get to actual games but with our scouting and drafting  the past 7 drafts, we won’t need to wait until year 3 to know if he’ll be a good pick and it’s not a good start to not hear good news.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Bro what reality are we referencing?  That would have been a hall of fame draft in the Fitterer era lmao.

• Beer 4

19 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Bro what reality are we referencing?  That would have been a hall of fame draft in the Fitterer era lmao.

Lol. I'm talking about the average of our draft history. The Fitterer era was more like: 1 depth guy, 4 second year cuts, and 3 don't make it past training camp. IF we have any draft picks to use.

• Pie 3

52 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

That’s just not true. In 2023, there were 7 WRs with 700+ yards and from the 2022 draft, there are 8 WRs with 1000 to 2000+ yards in 2 years. In 2021’s draft there are 8 WRs with 1600+ yards including 4 WRs over 3000 yards. In the 2020 draft, there are 8 WRs that have 2500+ yards so far and 2 WRs over 5000 yards.

Out of those 31 WRs, 3 were top 10 picks. A WR picked late first, such as JJ, Flowers, Addison, Aiyuk and Lamb are usually effective immediately or they are busts like Raegor, Bateman, Toney, Burks, Dotson and Johnston (a little early on him).

Honestly, for a first round pick WR, the last 4 drafts kind of show that that ones who are going to be good contributors to studs show out right away.

While you might laugh, if Legette doesn’t show something early, that’s actually a bad sign based on the history of 1st round WRs.

Let's list those guys starting QBs too,

You may have missed my OP but I said ELITE first year production 700+ yards isn't elite it's like 36 receiving yards a game.