• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person presents: Panthers stock report, training camp week 1

2 minutes ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

It’s pretty bad when people on this website consistently scout the WR position better than our scouts and GM. I was wanting Keon Coleman and he’s tearing up Bills camp meanwhile Legette is nonexistent. 

This was a draft wherein we needed 3 or 4 hits.  I love the Brooks and Sanders picks, and when they start contributing, the offense will be better.  When you are in that situation, you take the sure bets--take a guy who will make the team and be a good player over a guy who is boom or bust--Legette is the picture of Boom or Bust.  Besides that, with Johnson and Thielen, we are talking about the Z (3) WR--and we have Mingo, TMJ there.  How much better would we be if Legette is good?  Four to six passes per game?   I would not have minded a CB like Cooper or Kool Aid (assuming they did homework on him).  Again, not giving up on Legette but he is raw, so we shouid not be surprised.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

giphy.gif

That's Dionte's role, Legette will probably feature on slants, comebacks, overs, and manufactured touches (sweeps, screens) while he develops. 

People need to realize we have enough for him to be the 3rd or even 4th option if needed this year, same way we can afford to wait on Brooks, and Samdera "if" needed. 

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

That's Dionte's role, Legette will probably feature on slants, comebacks, overs, and manufactured touches (sweeps, screens) while he develops. 

People need to realize we have enough for him to be the 3rd or even 4th option if needed this year, same way we can afford to wait on Brooks, and Samdera "if" needed. 

I like the idea of making the game simple for him this year. Get touches on screens, quick slants, and have him out there causing congestion on mesh routes. Get used to the speed of the game while we refine his route running and mental aspect

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

Agreed with Legette. He needs manufactured touches. Put him 1 on 1 with small corners on a screen or put him in motion so a nickel is covering him and let that big man break a tackle. 

26 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Agreed with Legette. He needs manufactured touches. Put him 1 on 1 with small corners on a screen or put him in motion so a nickel is covering him and let that big man break a tackle. 

Really think they've designed a few  "jump balls plays" for Legette too. Bryce placing it catchable correctly is another story we'll have to watch unfold. 

He already has the athleticism but I also think he has the right mental to succeed(from what I've seen thus far). I wouldn't bet on him having Puka Nacua numbers/effect in year one though. 

Year 2-3 guy ....he needs time to develop. 

The same reason I'm not willing to give up on Mingo. 

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You do understand you are saying it's possible for a player to develop to Panthers fans, right?

You know how fuging rare that is here?

This is true but damn they are a PROFESSIONAL organization with PROFESSIONALS so I damn well expect players to develop and coaches to get them there. I realize I am expecting a lot by the turd we have seen the past number of years but holy poo we have to eventually get it right and get coaches that are worth a crap who can develop players and players with enough work ethic, care, and tenacity to want to develop and further themselves.

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

This was a draft wherein we needed 3 or 4 hits.  I love the Brooks and Sanders picks, and when they start contributing, the offense will be better.  When you are in that situation, you take the sure bets--take a guy who will make the team and be a good player over a guy who is boom or bust--Legette is the picture of Boom or Bust.  Besides that, with Johnson and Thielen, we are talking about the Z (3) WR--and we have Mingo, TMJ there.  How much better would we be if Legette is good?  Four to six passes per game?   I would not have minded a CB like Cooper or Kool Aid (assuming they did homework on him).  Again, not giving up on Legette but he is raw, so we shouid not be surprised.

I said it in another thread, but when you need to get on base, you hit for contact.  When you have some base runners, you can afford to swing for the fences.  But if you hit a home run with nobody on base, the impact is less.

It's very similar to building a roster.  The odds of a lot of these types booming is so low.  The most likely scenario is you're going to get lucky on 1 or 2 over several years.  That's not enough to build a roster.  You need some potatoes on your plate to fill things out.  When the marginal low ceiling guy isn't going to make the roster, you can take some chances on higher ceiling prospects.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

This is true but damn they are a PROFESSIONAL organization with PROFESSIONALS so I damn well expect players to develop and coaches to get them there. I realize I am expecting a lot by the turd we have seen the past number of years but holy poo we have to eventually get it right and get coaches that are worth a crap who can develop players and players with enough work ethic, care, and tenacity to want to develop and further themselves.

What has seemed professional about the Tepper era? Like...even a little bit?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

What has seemed professional about the Tepper era? Like...even a little bit?

I dont really care how you want to spin it, its the NFL so I expect professional. Tepper is what he is. I will at least have hope that he gets it this season and stays out of things. In other words sign the damn checks and get out of the way and allow the guys who "football" to "football". New coaching staff and im not going to poo on them before I ever even see a game coached by them so im going to assume they can develop and successfully coach players especially rookies as decent coaches are supposed to be able to do. Its really as simple as that.

14 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

The amount of people here who expect WRs to be instant impact players makes me laugh.....

Very few rookie WRs outside of the top 8 picks are year 1 monsters.... with a WR you usually don't know what you have until year 3.

That is true with probably 90% of players regardless of position. The number of them that look great their first year are exceedingly rare.  

On 7/31/2024 at 9:27 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

You sound like me last season. My advice join a gym. It does wonders for the mind and body. When we struggle like we did last year I just stopped watching games and went to the gym during our games. 

I can no longer spend my time and energy on a damn game of football. Much more important things in life to be stressed about the Panthers.

A gym bro? It’s clear these people need women in their lives. 

On 7/31/2024 at 1:13 AM, flagfootballcoach28 said:

Drafting Leggete was so damn stupid. Dude couldn't get on the field for his first 3 years in college but somehow is magically going to be a stud NFL WR when he can't even stop and go. Bro doesnt even know what 23-10 is. Everyone says he's going to be DK Metcalf but how many DK's are there? Only 1. Then we draft a RB in the 2nd. Unless you're a piece or 2 away, drafting a RB in the 2nd when you have so many holes to fill is so damn stupid. Chuba showed he's capable of holding down the RB spot last year on a rebuilding team. At least watching the NY Giants Offseason Hard Knocks they actually made logical, smart picks while rebuilding a team. So sick of this clown show. Why was I cursed by becoming a Panthers fan? 

U must be the same moron Sheena cooked on twitter. 23-10 is not the answer dummy.