• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic FS - Bryce Conversation

3 hours ago, beo said:

Highly doubt it. The Saints got the calls for the first 3 quarters of that game. More specifically this blatant facemask that wasn't called on Jared Goff (Timestamped).

They get that flag and it's 1st and goal at the 1 with Todd Gurley in the backfield. 4 point swing in all likelihood. The whole "Saints got robbed!" narrative in 2018 is a crock of poo. Brees just failed to deliver in the clutch like usual. 

Made more laughable when you consider this is the same team that benefitted from outlandish officiating in the 2009 NFC Title game. They've no right to complain about anything after that even assuming their complaints were legitimate and not just a fanbase whining over losing.

I still enjoy watching a clip of them blowing the Minnesota playoff game. 

It was a little confusing hearing them talk about how limited his ceiling is only to then turn around and go, "What is his ceiling, really?" before discussing how this year will be the first year they can genuinely evaluate him.

Reminds me of every thread breaking down on the Huddle where folks came in and enthusiastically declared "He will die in the NFL going up against grown men." Then when that didn't happen, the narrative changed to, "He's too small to throw the ball fast and/or deep." That's probably where some folks are getting that this was anti-Bryce. It does it's best to remain neutral, but when stuff like, "He has a ceiling... but we don't know he has a ceiling" comes across as just someone trying to hedge their bets so that they can't be told they were wrong later.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

It was a little confusing hearing them talk about how limited his ceiling is only to then turn around and go, "What is his ceiling, really?" before discussing how this year will be the first year they can genuinely evaluate him.

Reminds me of every thread breaking down on the Huddle where folks came in and enthusiastically declared "He will die in the NFL going up against grown men." Then when that didn't happen, the narrative changed to, "He's too small to throw the ball fast and/or deep." That's probably where some folks are getting that this was anti-Bryce. It does it's best to remain neutral, but when stuff like, "He has a ceiling... but we don't know he has a ceiling" comes across as just someone trying to hedge their bets so that they can't be told they were wrong later.

but with* stuff

its*

I think three cups of coffee might have been too much this morning.

Edited by Icege

24 minutes ago, Icege said:

Based on my analysis he could be good, or not, or he could be average. More to come later…

• Pie 5