• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic FS - Bryce Conversation

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

They're going to have to win a few meaningful regular season games before I'm willing to believe things are starting to get on the right path. Way too many losing seasons since the last SB run for me to just blindly trust the team again, especially since Tepper took over.

Thats fair.  For me I think if the team looks more competitive, we’ll have some potential to look forward to in this coaching staff.  Regardless of Bryce improves or not, I think it will be pretty obvious if they have the org going in the right direction.

That said, if next year is a complete disaster all bets are off.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Panthering said:

"The stuff he needs to get better at, he can't get better at" (due to physical traits). Insane that we took that kind of player a 1st overall! 

Because he was still growing and gonna get in the weightroom!!!

14 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

We're in a rebuild. That's 3 years minimum. If Bryce still sucks, oh well.  Looking forward to seeing the other young guys this year and the next QB in 25.

I dunno what this is but I don't think it qualifies as a rebuild. I think it's just a poo show throwing poo at the wall hoping the qb you overpaid for gets it together. If he doesn't next year will be the rebuild, or if the rest of the team actually looks decent they'll just get a vet and try to compete

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, fanpanther said:

I know this reply doesnt really fall under this but its crazy i know 10plus people personally that believe Trump hired an expert marskman to shoot his ear at 130plus yards.  The 2 to 4 inch life or death grouping the rifle he used would have at that distance doesnt register with them at all. Lol

Careful, you will upset the Toyota Prius boys.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

It’s funny: if you talk about Bryce like this on Reddit, they treat you like you are saying the assassination attempt on Trump actually happened. 

Oh yeah that's what we need is your politics and tin foil hat conspiracy theories on the main forum. There is a whole Tinderbox forum dedicated to where you can suck off your side of the political spectrum all day so definitely check it out.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I dunno what this is but I don't think it qualifies as a rebuild. I think it's just a poo show throwing poo at the wall hoping the qb you overpaid for gets it together. If he doesn't next year will be the rebuild, or if the rest of the team actually looks decent they'll just get a vet and try to compete

If Bryce manages to lead us to another top pick and we’re able to land Carson Beck, I doubt there will be a “rebuild”

If this OL is what they expect it to be and XL/Mingo start playing well, then this roster is set up pretty nicely for a rookie QB. Re start the rookie contract clock for cap purposes and this thing could really take off.

The worst case scenario is that we once again go 7-10 or 6-11 while winning like we did with Sam Darnold. Knowing we need to move on from Bryce but we need to trade up to land a top QB

• Pie 1

We've assembled better offensive players around him. It should give him the opportunity to thrive.

If it doesn't, and we crash and burn, again, then we go back to the well and take another first round QB. 

We really have no other option.

13 hours ago, fanpanther said:

I know this reply doesnt really fall under this but its crazy i know 10plus people personally that believe Trump hired an expert marskman to shoot his ear at 130plus yards.  The 2 to 4 inch life or death grouping the rifle he used would have at that distance doesnt register with them at all. Lol

Can't fix stupid 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

The QB we overdrafted?  Looks like it but it's better than"pulling a Denver." 

• Pie 1

Sorry if this was already mentioned.  Justin Herbert is 6'6".  He was talking the other day about how he was having times when it was hard to see over his 6'8" lineman.   Evidently, he recognizes there's a struggle in seeing over/around OL but what does he know? 

22 hours ago, Panthering said:

"The stuff he needs to get better at, he can't get better at" (due to physical traits). Insane that we took that kind of player a 1st overall! 

Exactly, for the price we paid for him, he is a spectacular bust. This is extra bad considering what CJ Stroud has done already. Glad Fitterer is long gone. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, RevJ said:

Sorry if this was already mentioned.  Justin Herbert is 6'6".  He was talking the other day about how he was having times when it was hard to see over his 6'8" lineman.   Evidently, he recognizes there's a struggle in seeing over/around OL but what does he know? 

I mean if a 6’6” QB can’t do it clearly, none of them can. Sounds like it’s about timing/windows/throwing lanes etc…

• Pie 1