• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic FS - Bryce Conversation

I just don't see that "IT" factor the was supposed to be the main reason we took him over Stroud. With Cam, you knew right from the jump in that Cincinnati preseason game that he was special (and then he comes out and smokes ARI's defense).

Our only hope is that we surround him with enough talent and a great system that he can become a system QB like Tua or Brees. If we can create a deadly dink and dunk offense like the Saints with Brees or the Brady years with the Pats, then we might have a lil something.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I just don't see that "IT" factor the was supposed to be the main reason we took him over Stroud. With Cam, you knew right from the jump in that Cincinnati preseason game that he was special (and then he comes out and smokes ARI's defense).

Our only hope is that we surround him with enough talent and a great system that he can become a system QB like Tua or Brees. If we can create a deadly dink and dunk offense like the Saints with Brees or the Brady years with the Pats, then we might have a lil something.

Brees and Brady could nickel and dime folks, especially as they aged....but the prime versions would throw the haymakers and would play aggressive downfield.  They became the king of nickel and dime after HOF careers were already stamped into the books. 

• Pie 7

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

This is not a bad situation anymore. 

That remains to be seen and it's too early to tell for me.

We don't know how well the line will play, especially without a true starting caliber center on the roster. Will Icky be better at pass pro? Does Moton start falling off? Do the two guards play up to their contracts?

The receiver room looks better on paper, but there's questions there. AT is a year older and slower. DJ is evidently inconsistent and has drop issues. Will Mingo be better? Will TMJ finally develop? Will XL contribute well as a rookie?

Will Chuba keep playing well? Will whoever backs him up play decently? Does Brooks heal and contribute as a rookie?

TE group? Uh... yeah. Still one of the worst TE groups, if not the worst, in the NFL. Hopefully Tremble steps up and Sanders plays well as a rookie. Not holding my breath though.

Will Young take a step and show more of what he did in college that made him the #1 pick? Or has he been Carr'd?

Then there's DC himself. Can he make adjustments all game long? Can he draw up innovative and good plays? Will he play the best players and not just the vets or his guys? Will he be more than a good public speaker or will he end up another Rhule?

All this said, I do hope it's a better situation and not a bad one anymore.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2