• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wonder if a non-wildcat set of Double trouble is in the works

Dirtyphill411

I have been reminiscing on the season and I cant remember any time outside of a direct snap to D-will where Stewart and he were on the field at the same time-

I realize that we run power-I offense but I wonder what a Defensive coordinator would do with Stewart and Dwill either in a wishbone or as a H-back or Dwill split wide with Smitty in the slot and Moose out wide

moose quick slant in. Smitty on an post or deep out and Dwill on the other unused route by smitty

Lets face it Hackett (i.e. Groundhog) is a dissapointment and while Jarrett has begun to show some flashes he is not consistent- so lets put our best playmakers on the field at the same time.

Just a thought and if this formation or something similar has been done plez let me know I have had to watch all my games with a colicky newborn and a

2 yr old while my wife is at work!

In the playoffs you need to get all the tricks out. Look at the lack of smoke passes to Smitty the past few weeks....we will be using that as an alternative way to loosen the defenses once more. This is just another way to confuse the defenses; we have the breadth of tools to let us do this kind of thing....

In the playoffs you need to get all the tricks out. Look at the lack of smoke passes to Smitty the past few weeks....we will be using that as an alternative way to loosen the defenses once more. This is just another way to confuse the defenses; we have the breadth of tools to let us do this kind of thing....

really? John Fox is our coach not Mike Martz. remember?

Hackett is a disappointment and Jarrett is inconsistent?

I'm so tired of both or either of these guys being overlooked. Aside from Hackett's injury, both have caught nearly everything thrown their way, and often in clutch situations.

As your fascination with Double Trouble attests, we are a power running team. This means that we run to set up the play action pass, which will go most often to Smith and a little less frequently to Moose.

Guess what? It works. I still don't understand how anyone who suffered the Carter and Colbert years can bash Hackett and Jarrett, who have performed as well as a third and fourth wide receiver in this offense could be expected.

Archived