• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp for 7/30/2024 (first padded practice!)

Icege

5 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Very Seifert-esque.  Stoic one might say.  Or weekend at bernies, as I used to call him.

Come week 3, that man was daydreaming about retirement Pina Coladas on the sideline.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

But is he really?

Looks like he and 9 are finding their groove. BY actually seems to be connecting well with several.

But Johnson is looking like the guy we thought/hoped he would be. Looks like WR1.

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, strato said:

I Am at the beach. There is no real point in getting on things right now if someone has a crappy day. Maybe except Icky or something, that would bother me. 

Or riding their jock if they have a good one. 

The truth shows up when the pace of play picks up and the contact is for real. I’m waiting to see that.

I’m at the beach too, actually lol

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

Sounds like latching onto something to make headlines. Granted, there's a history of drops - and I'm certain we'll bash him for it during the season - but his ability to separate is going to offset that to some extent. At the least, he'll give the other receivers a better chance to make plays since he'll draw away attention.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I was a big Chuba hater year 1.  Seemed like he had no balance.  He'd hit a seemingly clean hole and fall over.  He's still lacking in the pass game, as both a blocker and receiver.  However he's worked very hard to improve and he's a pretty solid ball carrier now.  I'm not surprised to see him staying late.  Hopefully Tremble blossoms this year.  I had big hopes for him out of college.

Chuba proved himself enough last year for us not to draft a RB in the 2nd round when we had so many other needs but we still did. Drafting a RB in the 2nd is something a team does who is a piece or 2 away. Our 1st round pick is being outplayed by arguably the worst starting wr in the NFL last year and our 2nd round pick hasnt  Isn't even practiced yet. What a joke 

2 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

Chuba proved himself enough last year for us not to draft a RB in the 2nd round when we had so many other needs but we still did. Drafting a RB in the 2nd is something a team does who is a piece or 2 away. Our 1st round pick is being outplayed by arguably the worst starting wr in the NFL last year and our 2nd round pick hasnt  Isn't even practiced yet. What a joke 

The 1st round pick is a rookie who was in his first week of practice. My God.

The second round pick never was going to play much this season especially training camp due to his injury/rehab and I do not think they were not aware of this. We weren't going to the super bowl this season anyhow hence some of the moves for players who have ti develop and some who have ti rehab an injury. These are next season and beyond pics they believe will be a huge part of the team moving forward with some development and injury rehab since we aren't winning the Superbowl this season anyhow. It as well gives Bryce a reason to show us what he can do or I have a feeling he could be out as starter or it in jeopardy next season also should he play poorly and we draft his replacement.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, frankw said:

What I see and hear from Canales gives me confidence he has a really good shot at being one of the better young coaches in the league. Everything hinges on how good he is on gamedays in preparation and adjustments.

Player development definitely seems to be night and day overall. I'm very happy to see that 89 has been working with Mingo.

Nothing about the situation from under center has changed until we see some plays in preseason at the very least. At some point fans on all angles of the conversation have to realize they are pouring gasoline on the matter no different than any others regardless of their position. We will not have a true answer until at least the end of September.

Honestly the league did us a favor with the season opener being on the road against the Saints. We have the chance to make a statement right out of the gate. Falling flat is not acceptable.

The general team vibe is so significantly improved it cannot be understated. I can't remember the last time I've seen so many former Panthers out in support of the team. Things are hopefully trending up. When I see it in a real game I'll begin believing again.

Good post.

7 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  Panthers are always still trying to draft and build teams like it's the late 90s/early 2000s

7 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

https://x.com/FPFO_Podcast/status/1818292091547529437

looks like he is still limping