• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp for 7/30/2024 (first padded practice!)

Icege

7 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

its actually wild how night and day Canales is compared to Frank. Frank was a fuging zombie man, just felt like he never gave a fug.

Very Seifert-esque.  Stoic one might say.  Or weekend at bernies, as I used to call him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, strato said:

I thought Blackshear looked pretty good when given the ball. Surprisingly. 

If this OL is actually good, we aren’t gonna be but so horrible. 

I agree.  I think he's a better ball carrier than Sanders.  Decent vision and quickness for a 3rd guy.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I agree.  I think he's a better ball carrier than Sanders.  Decent vision and quickness for a 3rd guy.

I think Sanders played hurt last year. He was rehabbing his groin I believe before the season started. Regardless he has shown to be capable with a good OL like he had with the Eagles. If he is RB3 we might be ok there. Providing Brooks is contributing decent snaps this year. 

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think Sanders played hurt last year. He was rehabbing his groin I believe before the season started. Regardless he has shown to be capable with a good OL like he had with the Eagles. If he is RB3 we might be ok there. Providing Brooks is contributing decent snaps this year. 

I don't know.  I hope you're right.  In retrospect I think even my fat ass could have put up a couple hundred yards behind that Philly line.  They were absolute maulers in the run game.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't know.  I hope you're right.  In retrospect I think even my fat ass could have put up a couple hundred yards behind that Philly line.  They were absolute maulers in the run game.

That's why i'm not hyped on Brooks, seems like that same kinda finesse rb behind the texas line. I prefer punishers, wear the d-line down with punishment, not dancing around and finding a hole

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's why i'm not hyped on Brooks, seems like that same kinda finesse rb behind the texas line. I prefer punishers, wear the d-line down with punishment, not dancing around and finding a hole

I didn't pay too much attention to Brooks in college.  He wasn't a tackle breaker?  

If he's skilled it won't matter what style he is IMO.  I never watched him play in college so I can't say.  Not really familiar with Texas as I only loosely follow college football.  I basically just watched all the Washington games last year lol.

Punishing backs reach retirement age around 27, so I'm not too upset if he can dance his way to thousands of yards.  As much as people hate him now, DeAngelo Williams was panned as a bad pick because of all the mileage in college.  But he had a very good, long productive career.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I didn't pay too much attention to Brooks in college.  He wasn't a tackle breaker?  

He can break some tackles but generally seems like he had wide open lanes to get momentum, I don't really see beast mode/Stewart level or anything

• Pie 3

He can break some tackles but generally seems like he had wide open lanes to get momentum, I don't really see beast mode/Stewart level or anything

A lot of it looks effortless but that's a quick dude.  Everyone's quicker in the NFL so we'll see how it translates, but he is literally smoking everyone in those clips.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Thanks. It’s hard to knock him for it though. If there is a big hole you should take it. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to more tight spaces in the NFL. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Thanks. It’s hard to knock him for it though. If there is a big hole you should take it. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to more tight spaces in the NFL. 

yeah he's smooth but not much tape on adversity straight up punishing people

• Pie 2