• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School, A Reminder of our 2023 Offense

With so much emphasis on the overhaul as it relates to the staff, and player personnel, I thought it would be a good time to reacclimate myself with the poo show that was our 2023 offense. 

For those that blamed Bryce, and said he was horrible etc. take a moment to remind yourself how bad the offense was collectively. 

Bryce has his items to improve, but those that blind hate on him, please educate yourself. 

There are SEVERAL videos on our 2023 offense, 30 minute breakdowns. 

• Pie 2

Is this one of the ones where he doesn’t blame Young he blames about everyone else? That’s pretty much what I remember from those. 

Since those problems are all addressed, allegedly, everything will be great I’m sure. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

24 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

With so much emphasis on the overhaul as it relates to the staff, and player personnel, I thought it would be a good time to reacclimate myself with the poo show that was our 2023 offense. 

For those that blamed Bryce, and said he was horrible etc. take a moment to remind yourself how bad the offense was collectively. 

Bryce has his items to improve, but those that blind hate on him, please educate yourself. 

There are SEVERAL videos on our 2023 offense, 30 minute breakdowns. 

why would you do this?

It's a chicken and egg thing. Is the offense bad because of the scheme/coaching or because of the players? When the offense was as bad as the 2023 Panthers, the answer was likely both. Good players can occasionally overcome bad coaching/scheme and vice versa good coaching/scheme can overcome bad players. 

The truth is, Frank Reich's offense was total garbage AND the offense was devoid of talent. 

No need to go backwards, 2024 is going to be bad too!

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

why would you do this?

To have a true base of our 2023 offense as a reference so I can have an informed opinion on how far we've come as the pre-season / meaningful games begin once there's new tape to look at.

I'm not a fan of being an uneducated fan.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Bear Hands said:

It's encouraging to see people are wanting to find the positives, but man, I'm tapped out trying to sift through anything from last year.    

I'm not looking for positives per se, I don't want to forget just how bad schematically we were so that I can compare to 2024.

Bryce wasn’t a good QB and was paired with a predictable O. 

scheme might be changing but Tampa was very predictable last year.  Big plays downfield kept them alive. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

The offense was atrocious. Bryce himself sucked badly. Both things can be, and are, true. 

Bryce has a lot he needed ro work on (my guy was AR15).

However, we have Bryce and I can admit he flashed plenty, and in some cases overcame the deficiencies and got in position to win games.

No QB was surviving what we put out there last year...saying he sucked with all the negatives around him goes a bit far.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

It's a chicken and egg thing. Is the offense bad because of the scheme/coaching or because of the players? When the offense was as bad as the 2023 Panthers, the answer was likely both. Good players can occasionally overcome bad coaching/scheme and vice versa good coaching/scheme can overcome bad players. 

The truth is, Frank Reich's offense was total garbage AND the offense was devoid of talent. 

No need to go backwards, 2024 is going to be bad too!

It would be interesting to see someone breakdown how the falcons or saints defenses played BY/Reich vs Baker/Canales. If they were up on the line more for us because they weren't scared of anything deep, respected the run game more, etc.. I'm definitely not doing it. 

• Beer 2