• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The "circle of toughness," as pads come on and the interior line gets stronger

36 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Should have never gotten rid of RIvera if this was the plan.....sooo much for modernizing and wasting on trade up for #1.

We also could have just never gotten rid of John Fox.  

• Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Should have never gotten rid of RIvera if this was the plan.....sooo much for modernizing and wasting on trade up for #1.

He doesnt have a QB to build around yet, what else can he build around? 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Hard to get excited about the guy who brought your the worst run O in the NFL….talking about the run is where his mind is at.  

Going to see BY in person will bring out that kind of talk

3 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

He doesnt have a QB to build around yet, what else can he build around? 

Going to see BY in person will bring out that kind of talk

I guess a hand-off machine is worthy of being 1st overall. It's just bad resource usage. I mean if you wanted a rock climbing vehicle, it doesn't make sense to buy drag racing wheels and motors.. Just super upsetting to witness. Even the 39th 2023 pick and 31st 2024 pick for WRs to block....ugh. 

I feel you are right, he re-viewed some old tape and told his BFF dan- "bro only chance is running the ball and give me a 6 yr deal cause this is madness!!!" 

Edited by Basbear

IMO The “run the ball” philosophy makes sense based on the hand the coaches were dealt. The possibility of establishing the run successfully really may be just trying to maximize talents of guys like Icky, and minimizing the weaknesses of others. 

I hope it works. It could open up easier pass plays- takes pressure of BY, provide manageable 3rd downs for the offense, keep the ball away from the other teams offense, rest the D etc…

As the roster changes we should hopefully get a more modern pass oriented offense. I heard a lot of folks saying the offense is at least more modern as far as pre- snap motions and formations hopefully it continues to evolve.

Edited by Iceup
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1