• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Necas 2 x $6.5

8 hours ago, organicrusty1201 said:

Don't know how accurate this was but I did read one column that said no NTC was included in.

the team is still trying to move him right now. But as pointed out above, he can’t have ntc or nmc 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Necas isn't going anywhere until the TDL. At $6.5M, teams needing a scoring forward will be taking a look, depending on what kind of season he's having. 

The Canes hold all the cards right now. 

Why would the Canes want to trade Necas and for what?

He's the best skater on the team and moves the puck up court better than most on the team imho. He had 9 points in 11 playoff games this past season. I’m hoping he stays and gets back to 22-23 season form when he had 71 points.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, DavidEng said:

He's the best skater on the team and moves the puck up court better than most on the team imho. He had 9 points in 11 playoff games this past season. I’m hoping he stays and gets back to 22-23 season form when he had 71 points.

Agreed.  Nece ain’t going anywhere.  ESP if we are in the playoff hunt. Even more esp if he is playing well. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Because Necas only signed a two year deal and if we aren’t contending for a championship then what good does he do us when he can walk for nothing in a year. The only reason we kept Skjei, Pesce, etc. last year was because we were going for it.

If we aren’t a top five team in the league at the TDL then he’ll be traded. He’ll fetch a good amount because he has one year remaining on his contract.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If the Canes wanted to keep him and he wanted to stay, the deal would have been for 6-7 years.

Remember, he filed for arbitration, not the team. And the max he would have gotten at arbitration was 2 years. Again, the Canes hold all the cards and Necas is now in a position to perform if he wants to get paid big time forward money with his next contract.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Because Necas only signed a two year deal and if we aren’t contending for a championship then what good does he do us when he can walk for nothing in a year. The only reason we kept Skjei, Pesce, etc. last year was because we were going for it.

If we aren’t a top five team in the league at the TDL then he’ll be traded. He’ll fetch a good amount because he has one year remaining on his contract.

I don't think the team is as far from contending again as you might think, we had an absurdity of riches last season.... a 2C being the biggest weakness I think filling it at the TDL would go a long way....

As for loosing Skjei and Pesce let's be honest Orlov and Chatfield are a legit #2 pairing, and we added two 10 goal scorers to our 3rd pairing.... we need more F scoring... the rest of the team is still rock solid IMO.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I don't think the team is as far from contending again as you might think, we had an absurdity of riches last season.... a 2C being the biggest weakness I think filling it at the TDL would go a long way....

As for loosing Skjei and Pesce let's be honest Orlov and Chatfield are a legit #2 pairing, and we added two 10 goal scorers to our 3rd pairing.... we need more F scoring... the rest of the team is still rock solid IMO.

This. And also, Jarvis is going to get better. That alone is the big one. Plus Koochie finally getting the reigns as 1, could be similar to 19 and we get hot then no telling what could happen. 

btw heard this on the radio, since 2009, we are 0-12 in eastern conference finals games. That’s almost statistically impossible but it’s also something the canes would do hahaha. 

• Pie 1

On 8/3/2024 at 7:27 AM, Anybodyhome said:

If the Canes wanted to keep him and he wanted to stay, the deal would have been for 6-7 years.

Remember, he filed for arbitration, not the team. And the max he would have gotten at arbitration was 2 years. Again, the Canes hold all the cards and Necas is now in a position to perform if he wants to get paid big time forward money with his next contract.

Ok I understand the logic there. As I said I’m on the side of hoping he performs well and the team is still a contender.  

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Ok I understand the logic there. As I said I’m on the side of hoping he performs well and the team is still a contender.  

I think they are still on board with keeping Necas, this contract is show me what you got and then we will sign you long term, fences will be mended if he performs well.

• Pie 2

Oh, no doubt this is still a possibility. His defense improved a lot last season (of course, anything would have been considered an improvement), and he's about the most trusted guy on PP1 to carry the puck into the zone. Not to mention his proclivity for OT goals and his flat out speed in the transition game.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Beer 1