• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette is dumb

21 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That dummy going to make us all look dumb when he turns out to be the best rookie WR in this class.

Get your dumb a$$es on the bandwagon before this train takes off!

They said that about how smart Bryce was last year and we all saw what happen to the great football IQ he had.

• Beer 1

On 7/28/2024 at 8:18 PM, ProcessBlue2 said:

The expectation that he is going to be Mushin Muhammad was crazy. 

He will be above average-But he won't even be what DJ Moore was. 

I forget it's that time of the year where the huddle thinks all of our draft picks will be in running for Rookie of the Year.

I remember when ya'll thought Chinn was the second coming of Mike Minter and Matt Corral was going to be All-Pro by year 3.

The scouting department should have just asked you then and problem solved for us since you have the answers and can predict who is successful moderately and who will not be moderately successful. So everyone had Chinn as being a star in the making after his rookie season and what he did but you knew different and knew that would be his only solid season with us correct? Why are you here and not working for an NFL team in scouting? Why waste time on us little people who always have our predictions wrong?

• Flames 1

On 7/29/2024 at 9:09 AM, CRA said:

only real difference, is XL has legit freak NFL physical tools to work with.  Those 2 didn't. 

He doesn't though.   He has good straight line speed for his weight.  He has good body weight and muscle mass.  He's 6' that's not especially big, and then when you factor in his short arms and small hands it's not much more than a short wr reach wise.   He also doesn't have much fluidity/change of direction/or short area quickness.   Everyone just thinks he's an elite athlete because of his 40 and his weight and because SC had him listed at 6'3 or something which ended up being way off.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

He doesn't though.   He has good straight line speed for his weight.  He has good body weight and muscle mass.  He's 6' that's not especially big, and then when you factor in his short arms and small hands it's not much more than a short wr reach wise.   He also doesn't have much fluidity/change of direction/or short area quickness.   Everyone just thinks he's an elite athlete because of his 40 and his weight and because SC had him listed at 6'3 or something which ended up being way off.

Unless you want to contest the RAS as an acceptable metric of athleticism...which I would think is an unpopular opinion.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Unless you want to contest the RAS as an acceptable metric of athleticism...which I would think is an unpopular opinion.

He didn't do agility drills.  For a reason.  The ras is incomplete.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Disagree compared to those that were mentioned.  His physical tools…size, speed, strength, ability to play the ball in the air are all better than them.  

I mean he is a very specific type WR.  Most are.  He doesn’t fit what Bryce Young does.  I’ve said that from the jump.   Does hit fit what Dave has been around? Yes.  

XL isn’t going to be anything until paired with a QB that plays the game that fits him  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Disagree compared to those that were mentioned.  His physical tools…size, speed, strength, ability to play the ball in the air are all better than them.  

I mean he is a very specific type WR.  Most are.  He doesn’t fit what Bryce Young does.  I’ve said that from the jump.   Does hit fit what Dave has been around? Yes.  

XL isn’t going to be anything until paired with a QB that plays the game that fits him  

First off I hope he ends up great.  Second off I agree that he doesn't fit Bryce.   Like you said he is a pretty specialized receiver with a very specific role.  Everyone wants him to be a dk Metcalf which is his ceiling, but my question is what overall consistently good offense has a #1 receiver who plays this role.  It's a dated role.  Most of all our moves always feel dated unfortunately. 

• Pie 1