• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette is dumb

I hate interviewers like that who are just trying to make people look bad for clicks. I mean, Legette could probably dribble that dude's head off the sidewalk like a basketball and there ain't a damn thing he could do about it. So maybe think about that before doing that disrespectful poo.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The expectation that he is going to be Mushin Muhammad was crazy. 

He will be above average-But he won't even be what DJ Moore was. 

I forget it's that time of the year where the huddle thinks all of our draft picks will be in running for Rookie of the Year.

I remember when ya'll thought Chinn was the second coming of Mike Minter and Matt Corral was going to be All-Pro by year 3.

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

The expectation that he is going to be Mushin Muhammad was crazy. 

He will be above average-But he won't even be what DJ Moore was. 

I forget it's that time of the year where the huddle thinks all of our draft picks will be in running for Rookie of the Year.

I remember when ya'll thought Chinn was the second coming of Mike Minter and Matt Corral was going to be All-Pro by year 3.

only real difference, is XL has legit freak NFL physical tools to work with.  Those 2 didn't. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I’m more concerned about his lazy route running. If Adonai Mitchell pans out this is yet another flop in a long line of missed high draft picks 

I’m by no means giving up on XL and we shouldn’t. 

But we seemed dead set on him no matter who was available. Ladd was surprisingly there, Mitchell too who were both consistently floated as 1st rounders. Xavier was around 60-80ish overall on many rumored team boards (per the athletic). Route running is a concern, short area quickness/ability to quickly separate was an issue.  It was another instance where we had a bit of tunnelvision/wanted him no matter the case.  

I still feel McConkey, Pearsall, or even Polk were a bit better fits for what we needed, but can get on board with XL given the ceiling. Hope it works out. 

32 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I’m by no means giving up on XL and we shouldn’t. 

But we seemed dead set on him no matter who was available. Ladd was surprisingly there, Mitchell too who were both consistently floated as 1st rounders. Xavier was around 60-80ish overall on many rumored team boards (per the athletic). Route running is a concern, short area quickness/ability to quickly separate was an issue.  It was another instance where we had a bit of tunnelvision/wanted him no matter the case.  

I still feel McConkey, Pearsall, or even Polk were a bit better fits for what we needed, but can get on board with XL given the ceiling. Hope it works out. 

yeah, other WRs seems to be a better fit given where the Panthers presently find themselves at QB. 

But XL IMO is the best fit for what Canales has overall been around in terms if NFL offenses.  Question would be can Canales hang around long enough for that to matter. 

• Pie 1