• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette struggling

15 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

You definitely wait til the trade deadline to see how everyone besides Diontae is looking. At least until another team has a major injury and is desperate enough to give us a 4th rounder or something for Thielen

Why is Diontae untouchable? He’s an UFA after this season and if he does well, big payday coming. Heck, what if he wants to go to a better team who’s willing to pay. I doubt we trade much anyway as we’ve already traded away our game changing guys.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Why is Diontae untouchable? He’s an UFA after this season and if he does well, big payday coming. Heck, what if he wants to go to a better team who’s willing to pay. I doubt we trade much anyway as we’ve already traded away our game changing guys.

Someone was talking about trading Thielen. Point is Diontae is the only other WR on the roster that has actually had success in the NFL. Don't care what either of them do after this year

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Depending on how it goes maybe move both of em.

giphy.gif

• Flames 2

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Yeah, if it goes like last year, not sure I’d see either of them returning for more.

I follow most of the major sports so I just look at it as selling at the deadline.  More likely than not we’re going to be looking at 2025 by week 8 or whatever.  It might be wise to sell off Thielen because he’s old and has no future here.  And Diontae is not under contract. If he performs decently, he could fetch a decent return from a playoff team as a rental.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
Run on
  • Beer 1

I still can't belive the team dumped DJ Moore and still hasn't come close to a serious replacement since.

On 7/30/2024 at 2:05 PM, PNW_PantherMan said:

Depending on how it goes maybe move both of em.

giphy.gif

For real. I don't think the Diontae hype translates into reality here. Being the best WR on the Panthers hasn't ment squat since Moore was shopped off.

We knew XL was a project with all the physical traits - and he competes for YAC. Something no receivers really showed last season sans maybe ISM with limited opportunities. Diontae Johnson is not like any receiver this team has had in... maybe ever. He and Thielen best fit Bryce Young. Steve Smith was small but he didn't play like it. Not so much a route runner, as he was a playmaker when the ball was in the air. And a YAC MONSTER! DJ is probably someone they really want to extend. Hopefully he also changes their approach to wide receivers in the draft - if bryce young works out.

5 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

We knew XL was a project with all the physical traits - and he competes for YAC. Something no receivers really showed last season sans maybe ISM with limited opportunities. Diontae Johnson is not like any receiver this team has had in... maybe ever. He and Thielen best fit Bryce Young. Steve Smith was small but he didn't play like it. Not so much a route runner, as he was a playmaker when the ball was in the air. And a YAC MONSTER! DJ is probably someone they really want to extend. Hopefully he also changes their approach to wide receivers in the draft - if bryce young works out.

If so then why in the hell are we spending first round picks on projects?

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If ao then why in the hell are we spending first round picks on projects?

Man, I don't agree with that either. But, hopefully they have a plan. I hope.

I think they'll manufacture touches for him because of his YAC ability. 

Edited by Navy_football
  • Pie 2

Every pick in the draft is a project player. Every single one. Except maybe Brooks if he can get to 100% by week 1. But currently, I'd have to fit him in the project category too. He'll need a few weeks to get into game shape after he begins practicing. Ladd, Kool-aid and Wilson are all ready to contribute this season. Could have easily drafted all 3.