• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette struggling

9 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

XL will be a really good player. Not the best receiver of the class, but a great playmaker. And... he'll take time to reach his potential. He's a futures pick. Everyone knew it when he was chosen. Why are we surprised now?

Bryce Young is better with true receivers. Technicians. Route runners. He's not as backyard football as the FO led us to believe. 

Not really a surprise, just also not an easy sell given the recent history and the fact that other WRs are already showing they can make an impact now and not some time maybe in the future seasons.

The second part I agree with but then why did they choose to pair him with Legette who is obviously not a technician? I have no idea if Legette will reach his potential but that's how projects go, there is physical talent to be hopeful about. He doesn't pair well with Young in my eyes and Mingo looks like he might be the better project anyways. When a 2 win team takes 2 projects to open their draft it shouldn't come as a surprise that they are getting criticized. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Not really a surprise, just also not an easy sell given the recent history and the fact that other WRs are already showing they can make an impact now and not some time maybe in the future seasons.

The second part I agree with but then why did they choose to pair him with Legette who is obviously not a technician? I have no idea if Legette will reach his potential but that's how projects go, there is physical talent to be hopeful about. He doesn't pair well with Young in my eyes and Mingo looks like he might be the better project anyways. When a 2 win team takes 2 projects to open their draft it shouldn't come as a surprise that they are getting criticized. 

You'll get no arguments from me in anything you just posted. I'd add that every pick of the 2024 draft was a futures pick. Every single one. Wouldn't be as egregious if there weren't starter level talents staring them in the face through the first 5 rounds. 

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

Is there a rule that if you are a stud in camp you’ll be a dud when the season starts? Keon Coleman, AD Mitchell, Lad are all tearing up camp meanwhile XL is non existent. Camp DOES mean something. 

It could mean something if they are good in camp.  However there are plenty of players who were camp MVPs, and didn't do a thing once the bright lights were turned on.  I rather have a cat who struggles and then gets better, than someone who flashes early and burns out.

Yeah I wanted Ladd or AD over Legette, and that hasn't changed. This team just cannot draft WR talent. Bill Belichick loved Legette, that's all you have to know about this situation.

I am pulling for the kid but do not have high hopes whatsoever. Bryce needs WRs that can separate, and XL has never been able to

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Yeah I wanted Ladd or AD over Legette, and that hasn't changed. This team just cannot draft WR talent. Bill Belichick loved Legette, that's all you have to know about this situation.

I am pulling for the kid but do not have high hopes whatsoever. Bryce needs WRs that can separate, and XL has never been able to

I was team ladd as well, few other huddlers were too. The best I can say is up-side wise I'd say XL is the better pick.( even with the 4 year wait). I just thought Ladd would be a instant 70 rec machine each year for his rookie contract. 

21 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Ladd had a non contact injury yesterday and tweaked it again today. Medical red flags were on his profile.

Sometimes players fall for a reason.

That's a killer for a rookie. There were a whole bunch of WRs around that point and watching it sort itself out in future years will be full of "Why didn't team ______ pick Coleman/ladd/mitchel etc"). I mean its unfair for ladd with herbo being compared to XL as well. 

I was truly hoping Wiggins would fall 3 spots more, cause I thought he was the best CB/defender and with pick 39 get the WR that dropped and let them grow together. 

Good reports had NE after XL hardcore. He's a panther and this coaching staff, if its there's one spot they *should be great at its WR. They genuinely wanted XL. But I can not help but feel like the days of past with herniay picking 2-7 and hating each pick......followed by fans taking up for him. 

9 hours ago, Navy_football said:

XL will be a really good player. Not the best receiver of the class, but a great playmaker. And... he'll take time to reach his potential. He's a futures pick. Everyone knew it when he was chosen. Why are we surprised now?

Bryce Young is better with true receivers. Technicians. Route runners. He's not as backyard football as the FO led us to believe. 

We should stop drafting "futures" picks that played 5 or more years in college, just a thought

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

15 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

All the "experts" chiming in now that just knew Coleman was the one all along. They should have hired all you guys as GM's and scouts instead I guess.

And @flagfootballcoach28, aren't you the guy who was going to beat somebody up the other day for calling you a dummy? "Say it to my face and see what happens"? I kind of see you as the Conan The Barbarian of internet message boards. I didn't call you a dummy so please don't beat me up.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Film GIF by Arrow Video

200.gif

I won’t beat you up, but honestly I hate posts like this. Happens all the time in the past 7 years of shitty Hurney/Fitterer drafts when people trot out the well why aren’t you an NFL GM.

I’ll say this bluntly. As one of the many people in here that love following the pre-draft process and throw out our opinions, the consensus picks/trade suggestions in the huddle draft threads would have absolutely 100% yielded a much more talented current roster. Just the Burns non-trade alone would have changed this team. It’s not that we disagreed all the time as Burns and Moore picks were preferred and obvious. Now, when the huddle consensus disagreed, we were proven right almost every time over the NFL experienced GMs/scouts.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Didn’t stop them from drafting Brooks

Brooks I do not believe had a history of injuries in college. He tore his ACL once. Look up Ladd's injury history and I think it tells a different story.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

On 8/3/2024 at 5:56 AM, Ricky Prickles said:

All the "experts" chiming in now that just knew Coleman was the one all along. They should have hired all you guys as GM's and scouts instead I guess.

I love when posters say this and we can pull receipts about how we would have light years better then the current/previous regime

We knew to take the burns deal, they didnt, we knew to take stroud, they didnt.  the list is long but acting like this current brain trust is some mensa convention is LOL funny