• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette struggling

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Can anyone say how he looked in the team stuff last night?

This was in an attendees write up last night

- Legette struggled this evening... Missed a few drops and I don't even remember seeing him play a lot during the scrimmage. 

44 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

This was in an attendees write up last night

- Legette struggled this evening... Missed a few drops and I don't even remember seeing him play a lot during the scrimmage. 

Ok I thought I remembered seeing something like that but didn't know if any of the media or anything mentioned him at all.  Hopefully it means nothing but with him playing 5 years and college and going against our awful secondary, him disappear onto most of the time isn't the best sign.

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Ok I thought I remembered seeing something like that but didn't know if any of the media or anything mentioned him at all.  Hopefully it means nothing but with him playing 5 years and college and going against our awful secondary, him disappear onto most of the time isn't the best sign.

Yeah it was like David Newton, Fowler and Steve Reed so good luck getting an in depth article on actual football from those guys lol. Steve Reed did do play by play on twitter and it sounded like it was mostly Diontae, Thielen had the one td, and generalized statements about Mingo looking good

• Pie 1

On 8/1/2024 at 2:45 PM, Matthias said:

I rather our younger guys struggle now and be good later, versus being studs in camp and duds on the field.

Is there a rule that if you are a stud in camp you’ll be a dud when the season starts? Keon Coleman, AD Mitchell, Lad are all tearing up camp meanwhile XL is non existent. Camp DOES mean something. 

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

I wanted Coleman personally even after his really bad combine.  On the field this dude was dominant 

Me too. Once I heard he ran the fastest time through the catching Gauntlet of any WR proved to me he plays fast. Plus he dominated on the field from the get go. Dan Morgan continues to show he was also apart of the problem during Fitterer’s time as GM. This draft will be another huge step backwards for this franchise. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanted McConkey but had a feeling that Coleman would be the pick. I was hoping all the Legette talk was a smokescreen. I didn't see him as a 1st or high 2nd round pick at all.

Neither did Dane Brugler, he had Legette as a 4th rounder 

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Neither did Dane Brugler, he had Legette as a 4th rounder 

I thought somebody would take a chance on his raw talent I the late 2nd or 3rd. But in terms of his college production and age, honestly 4th seems fair.

• Pie 1

All the "experts" chiming in now that just knew Coleman was the one all along. They should have hired all you guys as GM's and scouts instead I guess.

And @flagfootballcoach28, aren't you the guy who was going to beat somebody up the other day for calling you a dummy? "Say it to my face and see what happens"? I kind of see you as the Conan The Barbarian of internet message boards. I didn't call you a dummy so please don't beat me up.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Film GIF by Arrow Video

200.gif

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

XL will be a really good player. Not the best receiver of the class, but a great playmaker. And... he'll take time to reach his potential. He's a futures pick. Everyone knew it when he was chosen. Why are we surprised now?

Bryce Young is better with true receivers. Technicians. Route runners. He's not as backyard football as the FO led us to believe.