• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette struggling

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I love when posters say this and we can pull receipts about how we would have light years better then the current/previous regime

We knew to take the burns deal, they didnt, we knew to take stroud, they didnt.  the list is long but acting like this current brain trust is some mensa convention is LOL funny

I'm not sure ‘we’ knew to take Stroud. They Bryce people were insufferable before the draft. S2 baby. Big brain. SEC success guarantees NFL success, on and on.... 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I love when posters say this and we can pull receipts about how we would have light years better then the current/previous regime

We knew to take the burns deal, they didnt, we knew to take stroud, they didnt.  the list is long but acting like this current brain trust is some mensa convention is LOL funny

Who the hell is acting like these guys are brilliant? The Burns deal, hell yes. Unfortunately I didn't love any QB so Stroud would have passed me by and I would have probably taken Levis as late as I could have if he was around even though I wasn't completely sold on him but at least I can admit when I've made a mistake with someone. Most in here knew it along all day and every day 

The way I remember it:

The Bryce love leading up to the draft was mostly based on big brain smart stuff, filtered or trickled down from the media mostly, and just about every other word was processor lol.

We won’t need good WRs because he will make them all better. We can put it all on his plate right away.... all kind of stuff was being said. 

I have more but have said it a million times. Short version is 

Against the trade, 100%. But when it was done, looked at QBs.

Thought Stroud had the skills and size but was not privy to any S2 or how smart he was so I sort of looked around some more when that came up. 

Concluded ‘anybody but Bryce’ after even after the Stroud knocks. With Bryce, watching film on him, I could not envision him translating to the speed of NFL defenses. Maybe he will. 

• Pie 3

Richardson was my 1a and Stroud was my 1b, not being privvy to interviews. I could've easily been swayed to Stroud through the interview process. I just had a LOT of physical talent/durability concerns with Bryce. The dude proved physically tough last year. I still have some long term durability concerns but the physical talent short coming have taken center stage far and above any disability concerns.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Richardson was my 1a and Stroud was my 1b, not being privvy to interviews. I could've easily been swayed to Stroud through the interview process. I just had a LOT of physical talent/durability concerns with Bryce. The dude proved physically tough last year. I still have some long term durability concerns but the physical talent short coming have taken center stage far and above any disability concerns.

Stroud in his personal life has been through the ringer and came out on top.  Couple that with his skill set, poo man it was a damn no brainer.  Bryce hasnt faced jack poo his entire life

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Stroud in his personal life has been through the ringer and came out on top.  Couple that with his skill set, poo man it was a damn no brainer.  Bryce hasnt faced jack poo his entire life

Even off the field, Stroud acts more of a leader than Bryce. He has that fire in him and Bryce looks like hes just too laid back.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Flames 1

On 8/3/2024 at 2:56 AM, Ricky Prickles said:

All the "experts" chiming in now that just knew Coleman was the one all along. They should have hired all you guys as GM's and scouts instead I guess.

And @flagfootballcoach28, aren't you the guy who was going to beat somebody up the other day for calling you a dummy? "Say it to my face and see what happens"? I kind of see you as the Conan The Barbarian of internet message boards. I didn't call you a dummy so please don't beat me up.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Film GIF by Arrow Video

200.gif

“Why weren’t you hired as a GM?” So original man. Posts like this are so lame. Not all of us have the connections, resources etc to become a scout. Doesn’t mean we are incompetent in regards to evaluating talent. I played football through college. I’ve been around the game my whole entire life. Myself and many others on this board could easily do much better than Fitterer and Morgan in regards to the draft. It’s not like they set the bar high.. Also, your whole Conan condescending spill is not funny at all. 

Also, until XL shows otherwise, my original post I got downvoted on is not wrong. He’s hurt again. 

Edited by flagfootballcoach28
  • Poo 1

Interviews and S2 clearly have no indicators for success, it’s a sport where athletic ability is 95% of the requirement. Bruce may have aced the “pattern recognition” part of the test but when you’re 5’9 and can’t see the whole field you can’t even see the patterns to be able to recognize them.  These GMs and scouts are way too over-analytical, you always go with the better athlete unless there’s a serious attitude problem

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I am hearing rollout scuttlebutt here and there which I expected but don’t like a lot. It is okay if used sparingly but the D can ignore half the field pretty much so you are sort of running into a box canyon. 

3 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

“Why weren’t you hired as a GM?” So original man. Posts like this are so lame. Not all of us have the connections, resources etc to become a scout. Doesn’t mean we are incompetent in regards to evaluating talent. I played football through college. I’ve been around the game my whole entire life. Myself and many others on this board could easily do much better than Fitterer and Morgan in regards to the draft. It’s not like they set the bar high.. Also, your whole Conan condescending spill is not funny at all. 

Also, until XL shows otherwise, my original post I got downvoted on is not wrong. He’s hurt again. 

You played football in college did you....? Well hell, I'm going to bake you a congratulatory cake when I'm able to!  I know someone else on here who did as well and then played a little arena ball in AF1 back when it was actually worth a poo and you could make an honest livable wage. They played D1 at an SEC school (they werent great but won two back to back Carquest Bowls. Not the most prestigious of bowls but decent memories either way) but they dont claim to know it all just because they did mr. college football player. Gosh, I wish I knew someone else on here who played college ball if its that impressive. I guess some don't feel they have to brag, I don't know? Those two a days in SC summers were probably rough weren't they. How on earth did you get through them?

Actually my Conan condescending spill wasn't really funny so I agree with you but what was funny is you getting all upset and pissing your underoos wanting to fight a guy for calling you a dummy on a message board! Now that poo was funny mr college football! I didn't call you dummy so please don't whoop my ass mr college football.

Conan The Barbarian Vhs GIF by vhspositive

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Richardson was my guy but I always thought he'd require a coach that could reign in his wanting to run and build an offense around him. Frank was never going to be that guy. Stroud was my 2, and Bryce wasn't even in the 1st 3 rounds. There hasn't been a long term successful QB that size in 60 years. There's a reason. I don't care how big his brain is, if he didn't play at Bama and have all the S2 hype, he would have been a day 3 pick. 

• Pie 3