• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette struggling

4 hours ago, RJK said:

He can’t stop and go. Very similar to dk metcalf but we all already knew that from his college tape. Let’s just hope Canales uses him right and Bryce figures out how to throw it further than 40 yards 

I dont know if its a matter of Bryce figuring out whether he can deep pass or not. It may simply be he is not capable of making those deep bomb throws we were used to seeing with young in his prime Cam.

• Beer 1

Young can't throw accurate deep balls with any velocity. Seen it all last year with the few attempts that went over twenty yards. Definitely no bazooka, more like a potato gun.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

32 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Young can't throw accurate deep balls with any velocity. Seen it all last year with the few attempts that went over twenty yards. Definitely no bazooka, more like a potato gun.

Tough with 16 OG's playing and the worst separation in the league.

• Pie 2

Well you guys are right, Im simply too tight for the last 6 years and not being a fan of the draft picks in the last couple years. He's a rookie and this league is a humble machine. I broke my rule about judging rookies, dang I'm waaaay off.....

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, CRA said:

Theilen was just force feed BS routes.  It’s why he had TE numbers and not WR numbers.  He wasn’t top 100 ypc or yac per catch. 

and again we saw what happened on 2010 when the O was a joke and non-threatening.  89 took issue with it.   Theilen didn’t.  Because Theilen shouldn’t be a starting WR getting that volume to begin with. 

Jimmy threw the same bullshit routes and couldn’t go downfield.  He did it from a less pass friendly version than Frank’s O.  Not that Franks O was pass friendly in the big picture 

Yeah we know Thielen isn't explosive, which is the standard you seem to be holding him to.  He may not be in the top 100 in YPC or YAC, but he was 12th in the league in 1st Downs.  He's a reliable chain-mover in the short to intermediate range, in the mold of a Julian Edelman late in his career.  There is a place for these types of receivers in an NFL offense, especially one led by a QB like Bryce Young who seems to live in that short-intermediate range.  I agree that Thielen shouldn't be the focal point of an offense, but the way you continuously characterize Thielen's contributions is a bit reductive and dismissive IMO (i.e. "force fed BS routes").

I've heard you talk about Hunter Renfrow on these boards a bit, and you acknowledge that Renfrow fits a niche role in a specific type of offense but you also say that you think he would benefit Young.  I 100% agree with you on that.  My point of disagreement however is that you seem to think more highly of a Renfrow than a Thielen, when they're remarkably similar.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding your position and you would feel the exact same if you swapped Thielen and Renfrow.

This is Renfrow's best season to date (top), against Thielen's last season with the Panthers (bottom).

image.thumb.png.ba0db8be0eb280da98babf592f1ca8de.png

image.thumb.png.d668da25e60ea1a3c5b2bedc6a52991b.png

• Pie 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

XL might be coming off the bench if Mingo is studying under Smitty

I wish they would just let Mingo handle the slot with AT relieving him sometimes. DJ and XL on the outside with Mingo/AT in the slot. 

On 7/28/2024 at 5:32 PM, Jmac said:

That's an insult to all property made tater guns

35 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I wish they would just let Mingo handle the slot with AT relieving him sometimes. DJ and XL on the outside with Mingo/AT in the slot. 

I've been thinking, crazy as it sounds I believe they need to trade AT or dare say cut him if the cap ramifications aren't too dire. They are not winning this year and AT may only have this year, plus if I recall last year was rough enough on him that he may welcome a change. I keep thinking he makes the most sense, even tho it feels 50 iq

Mingo seems to fit the slot as well. 

{<puts on poo armor>}

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I've been thinking, crazy as it sounds I believe they need to trade AT or dare say cut him if the cap ramifications aren't too dire. They are not winning this year and AT may only have this year, plus if I recall last year was rough enough on him that he may welcome a change. I keep thinking he makes the most sense, even tho it feels 50 iq

Mingo seems to fit the slot as well. 

{<puts on poo armor>}

You definitely wait til the trade deadline to see how everyone besides Diontae is looking. At least until another team has a major injury and is desperate enough to give us a 4th rounder or something for Thielen

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

You definitely wait til the trade deadline to see how everyone besides Diontae is looking. At least until another team has a major injury and is desperate enough to give us a 4th rounder or something for Thielen

If Thielen plays at the same level he did last year, he could help a playoff team as a 3rd or 4th option.  Only thing that could hang up a trade is his contract.  Haven't really looked into how much money would be due.

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

If Thielen plays at the same level he did last year, he could help a playoff team as a 3rd or 4th option.  Only thing that could hang up a trade is his contract.  Haven't really looked into how much money would be due.

Like $7M a year for this and next then done, not a huge amount for a solid check down guy