• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette struggling

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope Legette works out. He seems like a legit good dude and he has the best accent in the NFL. But I wasn't onboard with the pick for a reason. You just don't take older "upside" guys high in the draft. Older prospects need to be polished and upside guys need to be young. When you're older and still raw from an actual skill standpoint that's a BIG red flag. I thought he was the type of guy who probably shouldn't go earlier than the 3rd.

I honestly think we probably drafted a faster version of Laviska Shenault.

We are so weak at the position I really felt like taking a higher floor, lower ceiling type prospect made more sense.  It's why I wanted Ladd McDonkey.  Maybe he won't translate well to the NFL, but the roster is so bare a solid contributor would be a big help.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

We are so weak at the position I really felt like taking a higher floor, lower ceiling type prospect made more sense.  It's why I wanted Ladd McDonkey.  Maybe he won't translate well to the NFL, but the roster is so bare a solid contributor would be a big help.

McConkey was my preference too. Especially after he ran better than I expected. Especially after watching guys like Kupp and Nacua come in and immediately light up the league. IMO, he's of that type of mold but faster. He could be a star.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Literally nobody has said that in this thread

It's been implied over and over this week. Perhaps not those EXACT words but it's implied time and time again by the career negatives around here this week. You are negative about 95% of the time in fact so I'm not surprised you would have something to say if you want to bring something out. You bitch worse than an old constipated woman going through menopause with a vaginal yeast infection. I don't even know why you watch football at all with the level of negativity and "bitch mode" you are constantly in. Douche that sand out your vag finally and let's see if that helps any.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

Dipper has been touting analytics since he inked the deal...reality is he isn't even close to  knowing  how to use NFL statistics and proof is drafting a  5 10 heisman qb... recently drafted a busted up RB....and now a one year one hit wonder in college...  my analytics say if u put ketchup on steak ur an idiot. I try to get pumped about this team but reality keeps hitting me in the face. Hope we got somethin game one...thats when the clock starts.....

While I must admit I do not have much faith in our QB turning it around and at the tops of the league as a first overall pick should, I have to think the new RB once back to 100% and the new WR have a chance to be important pieces of the team for years to come with a little development in their rookie seasons. It's the first week of practice and would hold off judgement on a guy coming back from ACL surgery and a rookie WR struggling as most rookie WR's do. Our QB on the other hand in his second season still looking shaky this past week and pretty non aggressive pushing it downfield does majorly concern me as of course it did all last season. He just doesn't look like he is aggressive or motivated to lead as he should be to me personally. 

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

It's been implied over and over this week. Perhaps not those EXACT words but it's implied time and time again by the career negatives around here this week. You are negative about 95% of the time in fact so I'm not surprised you would have something to say if you want to bring something out. You bitch worse than an old constipated woman going through menopause with a vaginal yeast infection. I don't even know why you watch football at all with the level of negativity and "bitch mode" you are constantly in. Douche that sand out your vag finally and let's see if that helps any.

tell me you are drunk without telling me you are drunk

• Beer 1

People comparing this kid to busts of yesteryear are incredibly foolish. He's hard on himself and eagerly admits his shortcomings. He has the right mentality in spades. Sometimes things don't click for guys at this level but more often than not that's due to a lack of attention to details and fundamentals. I do not see that from Legette.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

IF an old and slow Thielen can get 1k yards with a rookie Young at QB Smitty would have no issues at all getting his numbers. The comparisons to Clausen are pretty asinine even if you don't like Young. Young hasn't lit the world on fire but from someone who watched every single game of Jimmy (I live 40 mins from SB Indiana where his alma matter Notre Dame is located everyone of my friends was/is a ND fan so I was really hoping we hit the jackpot) he was on a completely different level of bad compared to where Young is/was 

Jimmy was horrible and I remember having no clue why they kept putting him in over matt moore made no sense.  Young is more of a weinki level bad at the moment.  Still terrible just not horrible lol.  

I heard he had a rough stretch in a specific drill but also saw several great catches. 

The Huddle is one of the worst ways to follow the team now.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 5

1 hour ago, csx said:

I heard he had a rough stretch in a specific drill but also saw several great catches. 

The Huddle is one of the worst ways to follow the team now.

It is one of the most entertaining ways though. 

2 hours ago, fanpanther said:

Jimmy was horrible and I remember having no clue why they kept putting him in over matt moore made no sense.  Young is more of a weinki level bad at the moment.  Still terrible just not horrible lol.  

Where does Randy Fasani fit in this. 

17 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

3rd practice for a rookie and he has yet to dominate? No way!

It means nothing in the big picture.  The thing that makes this worrisome is the problems he's shown so far are the exact problems I was worried about before we drafted him.   Being stiff and fast in any way besides long and straight.   Separation.  It would just have been a lot less worrisome if those weren't the exact possible issues that came up in training camp so far.  It's no different than people who were worried about Bryce's deep ball last camp.

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

It means nothing in the big picture.  The thing that makes this worrisome is the problems he's shown so far are the exact problems I was worried about before we drafted him.   Being stiff and fast in any way besides long and straight.   Separation.  It would just have been a lot less worrisome if those weren't the exact possible issues that came up in training camp so far.  It's no different than people who were worried about Bryce's deep ball last camp.

I'm not worried about him as they said he will be like Metcalf.  I'm worried about Young as this style really doesn't help him in the immediate future