• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette struggling

6 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Really not sure smitty would even do much with young as qb....well except get very angry at him.

Peak Smitty could get his with a punter at QB.  Remember when they put like 7 guys on him in Seattle and he got so pissed he took a kick back for a TD?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Really not sure smitty would even do much with young as qb....well except get very angry at him.

500 yards, 2 TDs is what a prime 89 would do…

we saw it in 2010

• Pie 1

I do wasn’t it a punt? Couldn’t put 3 guys on him at the LOS on a return. Blood and guts.  

Weren’t we down to Goings and then they put him out right away?  What an unlevel playing field, after we had such a good team that year.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Chase didn’t struggle in camp. He had the dropsies, i.e. getting open but not catching it. They are two completely different problems. Chase had 1455 yards and 13 TDs. There was no learning curve issue with him.

I get that Legette needs some time to develop but throwing out comparisons that aren’t remotely close doesn’t mean anything.

Not catching the ball is a struggle lol

Moral of the story is you have to give these kids time.

Edited by Panthercougar68

2 hours ago, CRA said:

500 yards, 2 TDs is what a prime 89 would do…

we saw it in 2010

IF an old and slow Thielen can get 1k yards with a rookie Young at QB Smitty would have no issues at all getting his numbers. The comparisons to Clausen are pretty asinine even if you don't like Young. Young hasn't lit the world on fire but from someone who watched every single game of Jimmy (I live 40 mins from SB Indiana where his alma matter Notre Dame is located everyone of my friends was/is a ND fan so I was really hoping we hit the jackpot) he was on a completely different level of bad compared to where Young is/was currently.

• Pie 2

I hope Legette works out. He seems like a legit good dude and he has the best accent in the NFL. But I wasn't onboard with the pick for a reason. You just don't take older "upside" guys high in the draft. Older prospects need to be polished and upside guys need to be young. When you're older and still raw from an actual skill standpoint that's a BIG red flag. I thought he was the type of guy who probably shouldn't go earlier than the 3rd.

I honestly think we probably drafted a faster version of Laviska Shenault.

• Pie 2