• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule told "stay in your lane"

Rhule is just not cut out for pro football. He tried to run this team like a college program. Over reliant on stars instead of designing systems that his team could consistently reproduce. His coaching went as far as the scouting process and everything after that was him spinning numbers to justify not having any gameplan week-to-week beside riding his favorites.

You can get away with that in college where most of it comes down to who recruited the best roster and superstars can carry you through a season on talent alone. The NFL requires actual tactics and roster development for success.  

The players saw through him but Tepper, like a fresh recruit entering college, had no foundation for what real coaching looks like so Rhule scammed him out of $60 mil by pandering to his trust in analytics. The same misguided trust that probably closed the door on drafting Stroud here because he didn't score well on a test. 

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1

On 7/27/2024 at 12:31 PM, therealmjl said:

He missed a golden opportunity to add a little dig “a few teams from this conference could beat the Panthers”

Might f*ck up the check he still gets from Tepper saying that tho 

Matt Rhule is such a clown.  He basically gave a BIG10 runs college football speech and everyone knows it lol. 

The CFP era is dominated by the SEC.  Everyone knows that.  The math be mathing for the SEC.  You might give Clemson a tiny shoutout for the success they had at one point.  2nd most successful team in the era. 

• Pie 3

On 7/26/2024 at 11:35 PM, t96 said:

My opinion of Rhule has grown in the past year or so. He was actually quite good in college before he came here and couldn’t overcome the Tepper stink. Don’t get me wrong, he did suck here and I’m glad he’s gone and don’t want anything to do with him anymore. But I’m not rooting against him nor do I even think he’ll fail with Nebraska 

He did nothing in college worth talking about

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 7/26/2024 at 9:51 PM, PanthersATL said:

Video clip of Rhuke talking about how the college playoffs should be, followed by a response of "we saw what you did in Carolina... stay in your lane"

LOLs to be had

Wow! Did anyone else pick up on the subtle insult?  “Don’t worry about the big boys because you’re not one of them “.

Matt Rhules seem of already forgotten...

Colorado won 4 games last year.  All of those were by a single score too.  Well, accept for 1 of them....the mighty Big10's Rhule Cornhuskers.  Colorado actually whipped 1 team by 3 scores. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 7/26/2024 at 11:39 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

Naw, Rhule was a dipshit that made everyone in the building miserable. You can have your opinion of Tepper but I know for a fact Matt was an asshole to everyone. Matt was about Matt, Dave is actually pretty genuine and about football so hopefully there is a change.

What was worse were the “FOR” or friends of Rhule. They acted like their poo don’t stink. Evan Cooper (who just resigned for an unknown reason) was the biggest offenders.

I believe you but would love to hear more about this 

46 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I believe you but would love to hear more about this 

I think Matt Rhule is on record about not really treating players right when he arrived into the NFL.   Clip someone of him addressing what he learned and it was version of he basically wasn’t prioritizing that they were actual people or some poo.  Which jives with post above.  It’s must a nice way of saying he was a jerk/not players coach 

• Pie 2

On 7/26/2024 at 11:35 PM, t96 said:

My opinion of Rhule has grown in the past year or so. He was actually quite good in college before he came here and couldn’t overcome the Tepper stink. Don’t get me wrong, he did suck here and I’m glad he’s gone and don’t want anything to do with him anymore. But I’m not rooting against him nor do I even think he’ll fail with Nebraska 

I’ll never understand people around here taking up for Rhule. This guy literally wanted to get rid of “Keep Pounding”. He deserves nothing but mockery

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

On 7/27/2024 at 3:13 AM, Newtcase said:

Matt Rhule can’t be faulted for bumbling and stumbling his way into millions of dollars for accomplishing essentially nothing.  In this country his next stop is probably President.

His best skill was always lip service and this is just more of that.

I agree he was bad to terrible in many ways.  Having acknowledged that, he's still likely overqualified to be president - at least in the culture we live in that seems to excel in giving us what we currently have to choose from.