• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule told "stay in your lane"

My opinion of Rhule has grown in the past year or so. He was actually quite good in college before he came here and couldn’t overcome the Tepper stink. Don’t get me wrong, he did suck here and I’m glad he’s gone and don’t want anything to do with him anymore. But I’m not rooting against him nor do I even think he’ll fail with Nebraska 

• Pie 2

Matt Rhule can’t be faulted for bumbling and stumbling his way into millions of dollars for accomplishing essentially nothing.  In this country his next stop is probably President.

His best skill was always lip service and this is just more of that.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Yeah I think Matt was trying to build it like a college program and had way too much influence and everyone realized it wasn’t going to work. Then they shifted gears and got a weak GM who was just trying to please both sides. I think eventually Tepper realized the Frankenstein he created and then tried to salvage it by firing Matt and thinking somebody like Frank could fix it. I also think Frank really thought he could fix it and then got here and was like “Yeah I’m fuged.”

People can blame Tepper and Rhule but I still believe the biggest problem was the GM. 

I mean hell, Matt’s 1st season wasn’t that bad for a first time NFL coach. They lost like 7 games by a score or less. It wasn’t until the personnel department got shaken up after that year that things got out of control.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Newtcase said:

Matt Rhule can’t be faulted for bumbling and stumbling his way into millions of dollars for accomplishing essentially nothing.  In this country his next stop is probably President.

His best skill was always lip service and this is just more of that.

Spot on

9 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Yeah I think Matt was trying to build it like a college program and had way too much influence and everyone realized it wasn’t going to work. Then they shifted gears and got a weak GM who was just trying to please both sides. I think eventually Tepper realized the Frankenstein he created and then tried to salvage it by firing Matt and thinking somebody like Frank could fix it. I also think Frank really thought he could fix it and then got here and was like “Yeah I’m fuged.”

People can blame Tepper and Rhule but I still believe the biggest problem was the GM. 

I mean hell, Matt’s 1st season wasn’t that bad for a first time NFL coach. They lost like 7 games by a score or less. It wasn’t until the personnel department got shaken up after that year that things got out of control.

What's scary if rhule somehow got a great QB and kept him here longer to cover up his smell. 

12 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Matt was part of the personnel department. Don’t try to be revisionist when it comes to the man who had a hand in why things are the way they are today.

• Pie 1

On 7/27/2024 at 3:51 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

Matt was part of the personnel department. Don’t try to be revisionist when it comes to the man who had a hand in why things are the way they are today.

I don't know if you think I'm sticking up for Rhule or something, I'm just pointing out the fact that the team got significantly worse during the GM change. I think our recent draft and trade history solidifies that statement. 

Rhule obviously had a hand in things; that was made very apparent. However, if you ask me who was most responsible for the last 3 seasons of poor football, I'm going to point my finger at the GM. 

35 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I don't know if you think I'm sticking up for Rhule or something, I'm just pointing out the fact that the team got significantly worse during the GM change. I think our recent draft and trade history solidifies that statement. 

Rhule obviously had a hand in things; that was made very apparent. However, if you ask me who was most responsible for the last 3 seasons of poor football, I'm going to point my finger at the GM. 

Rhule had roster control the first two years with fittererererer. Then Tepper demanded he get a QB. Not to say fitterererer first year with control wasn't a epic disaster. Fact is nothing outside of few close loses has gone right for ANYONE with the Panthers. Well teddy did set career highs. Everyone has failed- all coaches, all scouts, all players, and owner.