• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maybe we did something right

5 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Donte just didn’t look like the same player after the achilles tear.

Very few are. That's a devastating injury. That's why I don't understand why everyone in football media is acting like Rodgers is definitely still going to be elite at 40 coming off an Achilles. That's FAR from a sure thing. I'd actually bet against it.

• Pie 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Very few are. That's a devastating injury. That's why I don't understand why everyone in football media is acting like Rodgers is definitely still going to be elite at 40 coming off an Achilles. That's FAR from a sure thing. I'd actually bet against it.

From my understanding, players lose explosiveness. You can tell it affected Von Miller.

23 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

From my understanding, players lose explosiveness. You can tell it affected Von Miller.

It effects everything. I remember when Ronald Curry was coming into UNC as the #1 football and basketball recruit in the country. Won the McD AA slam dunk contest and was so electric on the football field that he overshadowed fellow VA tidewater area star Michael Vick. He tore his Achilles before he ever suited up at UNC. I don't recall him ever dunking a ball and while he was still a good college QB he was nowhere near what he was in HS. He was a shadow of himself. Recall Jon Beason too. Went from one of the best LBs in the league to a replacement level starter. It's brutal.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'm pretty sure Mike Tomlin knows what he is doing

Comes down to if you take a Pittsburgh WR away and a Carolina WR away, you might look at track record to predict which team might stand a better chance of actually replenishing said talent.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It effects everything. I remember when Ronald Curry was coming into UNC as the #1 football and basketball recruit in the country. Won the McD AA slam dunk contest and was so electric on the football field that he overshadowed fellow VA tidewater area star Michael Vick. He tore his Achilles before he ever suited up at UNC. I don't recall him ever dunking a ball and while he was still a good college QB he was nowhere near what he was in HS. He was a shadow of himself. Recall Jon Beason too. Went from one of the best LBs in the league to a replacement level starter. It's brutal.

Totally forgot about Beason