• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many games are you willing to give Young?

Jmac

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2024 at 2:07 PM, Gapanthersfan said:

It’s not how many, it’s how it looks. 

if we’re losing, but I see some fire, passion, urgency, growth and he’s at least making NFL throws,  I’ll give him at least 8 games. 

If he looks like he doesn’t want to be there, No fire, no drive and his teammates still look like they don’t respect him? 3 games, max. It’ll be a ‘Bryce just needs some more time to develop’ type move. 

We need to at least get a fan base back again, draft be dammed. For us pick 4 vs 12 may not really matter all that much. I’ll sacrifice 8 draft spots to see watchable football again. Draft capital hasn’t done us much good up to this point anyway. We need winning. If a turd is a turd, flush it down. No one will come if the 2023 Bryce is under center. As hard as it is to come to grips with, we can at least win with Andy. Maybe even go .500. 2023 Bryce gives us no hope. 

I’m glad we never gave him that third game. 

How bad is it when we underestimate just how damn bad Bryce could play. We all expected to see at least something. 

I think we’ll pick at 8. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Top 5 easy

I could see that as well, especially if we can’t stay healthy at LB. But like I said, a top 5 I’m not sure really benefits us. I’d really rather go stud DE in the first round. Let him develop with Andy at QB where there is a chance of the other team playing from behind. 

Andy plays a key roll in developing talent on D with his ability to keep the offense rolling. It’s tough to learn anything when the other team is up 3 scores and they spend the entire second half running it down your throat. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan

On 7/26/2024 at 10:04 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

I say I'm willing to give him the entire year, but if week 6 rolls around and he still looks absolutely cheeks I'll be ready to move on then and there.

Even Bryce's biggest detractors probably didn't see it going as poorly as it did. I am going to give myself credit for this one, even though he only lasted two games. He was worse than cheeks, so I was ready to move on sooner rather than later.