• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many games are you willing to give Young?

Jmac

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Time stamped, so this guy is technically media but doesn't seem to work for the team or a newspaper or whatever. Hesitant to say Bryce looks much different. People will read into this differently so 

To me he still looks scared and shy to lead as well as limited in some abilities unfortunately. I hope it changes at some point in camp but we saw this last season as well so I'm afraid it's just the way things are with him. I hope second week of camp he comes out completely different but I am not banking on it at this point.

• Beer 2

They have to find something he can consistently win at. Something to hang a hat on, and do it to death until they find something else. And then do those two things to death. Rinse and repeat. I wonder how far that will go. 

The only thing I see is what we have already seen, I can’t imagine something much different.

I am sure that is my lack of creativity and low potential for outside the box thinking, and not Young’s limitations talking. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Time stamped, so this guy is technically media but doesn't seem to work for the team or a newspaper or whatever. Hesitant to say Bryce looks much different. People will read into this differently so 

LMAOOOOOOOO....he doesn't want to say what he really wants to say. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

I’m going to go long. Don’t like it, then don’t read.

If Bryce doesn’t quickly convince his teammates that they can win with him under center… these are grown men playing for a check, love of winning, legacy or all of the above; their window of time to do so is very limited.

Say you’re a WR in a contract year and all you foresee are ducks and hospital balls in your future vs a veteran on the bench who at least gives you a chance to showcase your skills.  what if you’re a RB trying desperately to land a 2 yr deal somewhere? but because your QB is so limited, you know every play you’re about to get the piss beat out of you, and no team will come calling at the end of the season. 

It all trickles down to other positions. If on defense, why play like a wild man if bro has already thrown 4 picks in the first 2 games? Down 10 at half? Guaranteed L. Up 3? L. Up 7/10? Probably lose by a 48 yard fg at the end, but may be able to pull it out if the running game comes up clutch, and Brown can wreck shop. 

This is these dudes bank accounts… a very short timespan at which they have to set themselves up for the rest of their, and their families’ lives. They don’t give damn about draft, they want to win. They need to win. Now. Not next season. They might not have a next season.

Any married man knows about marriage politics. Player comes home after a game. He’s beat up. Tired. Pissed. Probably needs some quiet time to unwind. Nope. Not happening. Promise you it’s not  ‘You’ll get em next time, hun.’ Naw bruh, it’s more like ‘they better hurry up and pull that mf’er.’ Now homie’s got to hear about it at home…. With a high probability of the same thing next Sunday. Make your wife nervous when it comes to household finances and see how good it goes. 

Does anyone really think the ‘we’re getting there guys’ powwow will work if he pitches 3 WTF games out the gate? Tepper has proven 1 thing. No coach’s job is safe. 

That locker room is going to get real uncomfortable and hostile. Andy is in his sunset years, and I am not, definitely not, saying that with him we become winners, but he can at least make NFL throws and knows HOW to win a game in the NFL… and everyone on the team knows that. Hell, they may get cheeky and even go .500. A vet QB loaded up with talent and a beefed up o line? Stranger things have happened.

2024 Bryce better show something quickly to these dudes. There are a LOT of jobs riding on it. 

If Tepper and co have resigned themselves to cut bait, he ain’t got a leash. He’s getting held on to by the collar. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan

Bryce hasn’t had a single deep completion yet in freaking camp

I’m not even sure if we need to see anymore. Bryce showcased all of his physical limitations last year. Truly, what more needs to be seen?

If Bryce looks decent this year I’ll just want to see what Canales can do with a real QB

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

On 7/26/2024 at 9:08 PM, Panic said:

WTF is wrong with this fan base. Support your young QB. Ride or die this season. Enjoy your new and energetic coach. And stop with all this negative BS.

We haven't been relevant in years. I think it's acceptable to be negative right now.

• Beer 2

Honestly, some of y'all didn't believe in him before last year's training camp.  I think you have to ride Bryce for the season.  We don't have any other options.

Either Bryce will become a starting NFL QB or he's going to give us the poor record to choose the next QB.  I just want the Panthers to be competitive and entertaining again.  I miss those days.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bryce hasn’t had a single deep completion yet in freaking camp

I’m not even sure if we need to see anymore. Bryce showcased all of his physical limitations last year. Truly, what more needs to be seen?

If Bryce looks decent this year I’ll just want to see what Canales can do with a real QB

Well, what they spent on Young, they went through the coaching thing last year, they have a new coach brought here to fix him. 

They have invested in all this around him. 

They are going to dot the ‘i’s and cross the ’t’s and due diligence and all that, which they should do. It just takes time we really don’t want to invest but it is the prudent path. 

It’s going to be some sadly funny poo if after investing in the OL, all the weapons, they won’t throw it deep. I can’t believe that is going to be the case.

• Beer 2

Barring injury, he's got to be the starter all season. He either proves he was worth what we lost to bring him in, or he gets us the 1st pick next draft.
My expectations are low, but I would love to be proved wrong and see the kid have an amazing year.

Again the idea that Young flops again and they ride him for the entire year is a terrible idea. It's a new staff so them not trying to win is a huge issue. You can do that with a crew that's in a death march but not a crew trying to put a winning team on the field their first year. It's flat out tanking