• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many games are you willing to give Young?

Jmac

I agree with most here. Let him play the whole thing. If we atrocious we will have Beck,Ewers, or Sanders to choose from. I know we wont be great this year, but hoping we are in the 5-7 range to get more help and not the #1 overall pick. 

He needs to play enough games to be able to make a decision for next year. If he looks great and play all games, that would be surprising but awesome. If he looks bad, he needs enough games to make it an easy decision to draft a new QB next year. There can be no situation where we say “we need to see more of him…”. That would be absolute worst case.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, DeSim said:

If he shits the bed early, let him play the rest of the season.  Let’s get that number 1 pick baby. 

This is the only correct answer.  Bryce needs to play the full season for better or worse.  The most awful decision would be putting in Dalton if we are 1-6. So that's probably what we will do.

14 hours ago, Jmac said:

If he sheetz the bed early, on are you willing to give the benefit of the doubt, or not.

6 games....half a season.....the entire  season?

Will the coach have his back or pull the rug out? 

Baring injury he plays the entire season.... absolutely zero reason to pull him he either proves he belongs or we get a top ten pick.

2 hours ago, Martin said:

He needs to play enough games to be able to make a decision for next year. If he looks great and play all games, that would be surprising but awesome. If he looks bad, he needs enough games to make it an easy decision to draft a new QB next year. There can be no situation where we say “we need to see more of him…”. That would be absolute worst case.

I was thinking 6, but this is correct. We need to know, my fear is he plays very good one and ultra bad with a season ending injury. Then Dalton comes in and wins around 5. Then the Panthers are picking 11th with masssive unknowns.

Edited by Basbear

If Young is not it, having him continue to play just to lose games does the Panthers no good. They already had the number one pick….and they chose Young. The best QB is not always the number one pick. 

• Flames 2

It’s not how many, it’s how it looks. 

if we’re losing, but I see some fire, passion, urgency, growth and he’s at least making NFL throws,  I’ll give him at least 8 games. 

If he looks like he doesn’t want to be there, No fire, no drive and his teammates still look like they don’t respect him? 3 games, max. It’ll be a ‘Bryce just needs some more time to develop’ type move. 

We need to at least get a fan base back again, draft be dammed. For us pick 4 vs 12 may not really matter all that much. I’ll sacrifice 8 draft spots to see watchable football again. Draft capital hasn’t done us much good up to this point anyway. We need winning. If a turd is a turd, flush it down. No one will come if the 2023 Bryce is under center. As hard as it is to come to grips with, we can at least win with Andy. Maybe even go .500. 2023 Bryce gives us no hope. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Given how much money we spent upgrading the offensive line, I would think that the oline should be significantly improved.  And if it improves, so should the running game.  And our receiver group should be improved, although showing that improvement depends a lot on Bryce.  

Yeah and with most "should" statements over the past few years, they typically become "didn't" in the postscript. 

My expectation is that we will be a 3-5 win team and that will we come to yet another sobering realization about our FO/ownership team.

It would be nice to be wrong but I just don't see it.

• Pie 1

Come on everybody knows fat people are jolly.

We just hate losing in the style we have, where it went from a bad year was 7 wins to this, and all on a progressive one way slide. Every season worse than the one before.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, PantherGuy said:

Why would he get anything other than the entire season barring injury? 

You can’t answer that?

Pretty simple. If he sucks so bad people can’t take it anymore.. Someone will decide screw tanking we can’t keep doing this.