• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many games are you willing to give Young?

Jmac

If he improves visibly the wins and losses don’t really matter- if he’s getting better and looks like a decent NFL starter you give him the entire season.

if he regresses and keeps making the same mistakes you pull him if Dalton gives you a better chance to win. 

Will Tepper pull another 180 and throw the bag at Dak if he's a FA next year? lol. I say just play it out however, look at Beck, Ewers, and Sanders plus whatever college qb comes out of nowhere. After Dak is signed by whoever, the 25' FA list is Sam Darnold, Fields, Brissett, Jameis, Jimmy G!

39 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I just hope he doesn’t get injured.  If he goes down week 1 or 2 that would suck.  We need to see him play the year out.  Or at least the meat of it.

Maybe he'll get another "ankle injury" if they've seen enough. I doubt we're getting another 6 qb's in the top 12 next draft like this past one so I don't really care about the tank. We can get one of the top 4 without attempting to. I'd rather throw Dalton out there and see if the rest of the offense is functional with a decent vet QB

3 hours ago, Panic said:

WTF is wrong with this fan base. Support your young QB. Ride or die this season. Enjoy your new and energetic coach. And stop with all this negative BS.

You must be new here or something? There are some miserable fat guys in these parts. They are going to be pissed off no matter what. I think it's all the chicken wing grease and the nacho cheese maybe.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

I say give him the entire season unless we are somehow like 5-3 despite him playing like absolute ass and see if whatever other crappy QB we have can lead us to the playoffs

Hopefully he makes it easy for us - he needs to either play really good and show us he is our franchise QB or be very very awful so that way we can draft #1 next year

Edited by PleaseCutStewart
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I say give him the entire season unless we are somehow like 5-3 despite him playing like absolute ass and see if whatever other crappy QB we have can lead us to the playoffs

Hopefully he makes it easy for us - he needs to either play really good and show us he is our franchise QB or be very very awful so that way we can draft #1 next year

Yeah I would have no problem with the Zach Wilson style benching if the team is good but he's sucking and we're actually around 5-3. Hopefully they replace Plumber at qb3 with someone competent at qb3 off of waivers at some point. If anything Bryce doesn't seem to have much urgency to his game so maybe a good benching would give him a kick in the butt, although his contract is fully guaranteed so maybe he wouldn't give a poo about sitting on the bench for a couple years