• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers add wide receiver

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Maybe they not liking what they see from Mango and TMJ. It doesn't hurt to bring him in and see if he can make the roster. 

Yeah but we have like David Moore, smith marsette, etc etc. 

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

how did you get your old account back?!?! 

Ain’t nothin to it.

Somebody called in a favor after they checked my history and my donations circa 2011-2014 in the exclusive all-pro sub. We back.

23 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

This guy beat the hell outta his girlfriend earlier this offseason. Excellent pickup 

"allegedly"

I just looked it up, she posted some ticktock vid about him beating her. Best I can find, no police arrested record, so one of them classic "she said, he said" deals. 

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

"allegedly"

I just looked it up, she posted some ticktock vid about him beating her. Best I can find, no police arrested record, so one of them classic "she said, he said" deals. 

Yes, you’re right “allegedly”……but also “really” 

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Yes, you’re right “allegedly”……but also “really” 

Proof...?

If there's not police report, arrest, etc.

An accusation isn't grounds to hold against someone. Poster above said best he could locate was tik tok...

5 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

no defensive ends though... classic panthers. this season is going to be a DISASTER. 

Exactly cuz great DEs are just hanging around waiting for a call.  WTF are we thinking 

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

Exactly cuz great DEs are just hanging around waiting for a call.  WTF are we thinking 

I agree with the edge assessment (not DE's since we run a 34 base), but are people not aware that they did have Ngaukoue, Lawson, and even Haynes in for workouts this week...we have just under 6M in cap space, so negotiating will have to be sorted out as it relates to bringing in a more premium position like an edge rusher...

Now, back on topic; this is a WR 4-6 type of guy who at least ''already knows the offense'' and offers return ability, not to mention just in general adds some more speed and most of all short area quickness.

Dionte ran a 4.53 at the combine

Thielen is turning 34, and was never a burner, we know he gets open, but he's not a threat vertically

Legette ran a 4.39 so we know that was part of why he was drafted to help take the top off

TMJ who ran a 4.38 at his pro-day, we just never see consistent usage as it relates to him

Mingo ran a 4.46

ISM ran a 4.42

Legette, TMJ, and Mingo and are all in the 6'1 - 6'3 range and we 220+, none of them would be classified as ''quicker than a hiccup''. Dionte over his career, and ISM in spots are the only ones that showed some play-making ability in space last season that are currently on the roster.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Also for those stuck on the domestic violence piece, google is your friend. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/tampa-bay-buccaneers-news/bucs-news-deven-thompkins-investigation-nfl-2024

The NFL has ended its investigation of former Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Deven Thompkins, who was accused by his estranged wife Maria Castillos of domestic abuse in May of this year.

In a statement, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that there was no "sufficient evidence" that Thompkins had violated the league's personal conduct policy, per FOX Sports' Greg Auman:

"Following a review of the matter, the league did not discover sufficient evidence to support a finding of a violation of the personal conduct policy," McCarthy said.

Castillos, who is getting a divorce from Thompkins, released photos on her TikTok that appeared to show bruises on her body that she claimed Thompkins had caused. The Buccaneers released Thompkins with an injury designation during mandatory minicamp not long after the images were posted, and Thompkins later filed a defamation lawsuit against Castillos. Per Auman, those images have now been deleted from Castillos' TikTok account.

Edited by SetfreexX