• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 2: Electric Boogaloo

23 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

I appreciate Canales isn't coddling Bryce and already putting some heat on him.

I would be severely disappointed if he wasn't. Canales isn't attached to bryce like the last regime, he should be pushing him as much as he can.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

Another home run 2nd rounder.

"But but he has a big body and he ran a fast 40!  That's all that matters for wide receivers."  -Every panthers gm of the past 10 years (probably)

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I would be severely disappointed if he wasn't. Canales isn't attached to bryce like the last regime, he should be pushing him as much as he can.

I don't think the last regime wanted to draft him either.

It was a David Tepper pick.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I don't think the last regime wanted to draft him either.

It was a David Tepper pick.

I don’t think Frank really knew it was what it was, until he got the kid into the building. 

They were saying, it’s all on film. You have to go back to the film. 

I saw film of his pro day.They were there. It is inexplicable. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

"But but he has a big body and he ran a fast 40!  That's all that matters for wide receivers."  -Every panthers gm of the past 10 years (probably)

I wish we'd start focusing only on route running and hands in our scouting. I've come around to that being really the only thing that matters for receivers. Obviously guys have to be quick and great athletes to be great route runners but the ability to get open is so ridiculously more important than sought after traits like size and raw speed. If you can create separation every damn play it doesn't matter if you can't jump over a DB for a contested catch or you can't get 40 yards down field in 4.3 seconds hoping to outrun the coverage. 

Steelers have been the best WR mill in the league forever now because of their focus on route running and hands. Like you said we just grab the size/speed guys who can't do the basic fundamentals of the position, with the exception of DJ. Maybe XL will be more like him but every day 2/3 WR (and fatty KB) we've taken since Smitty has been the former. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Fitterer might be the worst drafting GM in the history of the National Football League

At least Hurney hit on first rounders

For a while it was just us and the Ravens that had stellar 1st round drafting records 

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I wish we'd start focusing only on route running and hands in our scouting. I've come around to that being really the only thing that matters for receivers. Obviously guys have to be quick and great athletes to be great route runners but the ability to get open is so ridiculously more important than sought after traits like size and raw speed. If you can create separation every damn play it doesn't matter if you can't jump over a DB for a contested catch or you can't get 40 yards down field in 4.3 seconds hoping to outrun the coverage. 

Steelers have been the best WR mill in the league forever now because of their focus on route running and hands. Like you said we just grab the size/speed guys who can't do the basic fundamentals of the position, with the exception of DJ. Maybe XL will be more like him but every day 2/3 WR (and fatty KB) we've taken since Smitty has been the former. 

Exactly.   The NFL has changed in the past 20 years and we still seem stuck in the stone age with most of our personnel decisions.  In the modern nfl you want receivers that are good route runners who are shifty and have short area quickness.  Gone are the days of just throwing 50/50 bombs to a big receiver with no separation. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, DamnItJake! said:

Says limited deal!! So I know we hate giving to Tepper but I needed a new young player jersey besides Olsen!

IMG_1881.png

Maybe watch at least a preseason game first before banking on a Panthers WR draft pick lol 

• Flames 1