• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp day 1

22 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Oh good god, anyone here on the huddle would have had a 20 yard gain there too. 

With respect to the team, it's just one play but man, looking like that off-tackle/edge defense from years past on that one.

or...maybe investing in the O-line is paying off? Canales did say that he wanted to emphasize the run this year. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

or...maybe investing in the O-line is paying off? Canales did say that he wanted to emphasize the run this year. 

first thing I thought was we didn't set the edge.  Watched again, Clowney was there but Icky pushed him out of the lane.  Icky is really good in the run game.

• Pie 4

45 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Oh good god, anyone here on the huddle would have had a 20 yard gain there too. 

With respect to the team, it's just one play but man, looking like that off-tackle/edge defense from years past on that one.

Naw…I would have dusted Bootle down the sideline and made a house call!

Touch Down Football Season GIF

Edited by Iceup
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

It's impossible to say anything definitive either way based off of one play in shorts beyond that Sanders and 'explosive' are two words that don't typically go together, which is why I worded it as I did. That said, Clowney did get trapped upfield (and looked a bit unhappy about one thing or another at the end), the guard did a god job of stopping and then getting around the DL to move 2nd level, the MLB sucked in/was a step late/got caught by the guard getting around that corner, and the lane created was a great one that any Huddler would have gained yards from as opposed to Sanders being 'explosive'. 

It's the exact type of defensive look that Carolina has deployed and been giving up yards in for years now. Will be interesting to see how things play out when everyone is in pads and going full speed.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

It's impossible to say anything definitive either way based off of one play in shorts beyond that Sanders and 'explosive' are two words that don't typically go together, which is why I worded it as I did. That said, Clowney did get trapped upfield (and looked a bit unhappy about one thing or another at the end), the guard did a god job of stopping and then getting around the DL to move 2nd level, the MLB sucked in/was a step late/got caught by the guard getting around that corner, and the lane created was a great one that any Huddler would have gained yards from as opposed to Sanders being 'explosive'. 

It's the exact type of defensive look that Carolina has deployed and been giving up yards in for years now. Will be interesting to see how things play out when everyone is in pads and going full speed.

Of course, I wasn't trying to throw shade at your comment. Just giving a different perspective on just a singular play. We've seen Bryce connect with DJ Chark last year in training camp and thought it was a premonition of things to come for the season but look how that turned out. But I guess Chark did have the most TDs and long receptions compared to our other WRs.

• Beer 1