• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young video going viral

23 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

The worst thing about his size? It’s not even his biggest problem. His accuracy, decision making, footwork are even worse than his size. 

I’d believe in him if he acted like he cared at all. His mentality was waaaaaaaaay overblown 

• Pie 4

I am going to try and pretend 2023 never happened, we got our QB after trading back into the 3rd round. 

Or maybe, that 2023 did happen and Bryce was great but the government needed his processor (or something) and this is the best guy we could get once Taylor Heinicke nixed a trade.

On 7/24/2024 at 6:25 PM, Gapanthersfan said:

And it’s not even like we have a young prospect waiting in the wings. When Bryce gets pulled/injured by week 3/4, Dalton is decent enough to win us 6-7 games with the talented we have accumulated on offense. I truly believe we have some real playmakers on O. 

So at least we will look like an actual football team again. It’ll put fans in the seats, but will have us looking in the mid rounds for the next qb. 

Nah, we need to tank once again

5 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

You're right, their out is after 2028 season. If he doesn't improve they are mired in mediocrity land, which is probably worse than fishing for QBs at the top of the draft

Carolina's mistake was trading up and being impatient because of the owner. Landing an elite QB in the NFL is very very hard to do, trading a bunch of assets for a coin flip is very risky and it backfired in our case

NO...there mistake was also not doing their own PROPER evaluation on the QBs and determining that the guy they took was very questionable when it comes to translating to the NFL and it was better options available. I dont care what the experts said, we see this all the time, there is a method of really peeling back the layers on these players if you want to in the pre draft process to really know what they are in comparison to all the talking heads chattering on tv and blogs. The owner had his pick way before the draft process started and ran with it. This was not a crap shoot to me, the easy pick was right there if the team actually did some real due diligence instead of running with narratives personal interest.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

NO...there mistake was also not doing their own PROPER evaluation on the QBs and determining that the guy they took was very questionable when it comes to translating to the NFL and it was better options available. I dont care what the experts said, we see this all the time, there is a method of really peeling back the layers on these players if you want to in the pre draft process to really know what they are in comparison to all the talking heads chattering on tv and blogs. The owner had his pick way before the draft process started and ran with it. This was not a crap shoot to me, the easy pick was right there if the team actually did some real due diligence instead of running with narratives personal interest.

If there was a way to do "PROPER evaluation" or "a method of really peeling back the layers on these players" then there would never be QB busts taken in the 1st round my guy. It's a crapshoot. Always has been. 

We've had "perfect generational prospects" taken in the top 5 that bust. We've also had projects or QB's with questionable traits taken in the first round that boom. The Patriots and 49ers have drafted complete bust QB's in the first round in the last 5 years alone.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

If there was a way to do "PROPER evaluation" or "a method of really peeling back the layers on these players" then there would never be QB busts taken in the 1st round my guy. It's a crapshoot. Always has been. 

We've had "perfect generational prospects" taken in the top 5 that bust. We've also had projects or QB's with questionable traits taken in the first round that boom. The Patriots and 49ers have drafted complete bust QB's in the first round in the last 5 years alone.

What? When teams take the time to properly evaluate you can definitely can increase the chances to figure who is a bust and who isnt not just QB. A big example of Real evaluation was the hornets ended up picking Brandon miller over scoot henderson. There is no such thing as a perfect prospect, I cant remember the last guy that got that label outside of Andrew Luck in the NFL. My point to you is that there wasnt much of that done in this situation. Tepper told Bryce back at the bowl game we were gonna draft him. He said that himself. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

22 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

What? When teams take the time to properly evaluate you can definitely can increase the chances to figure who is a bust and who isnt not just QB. A big example of Real evaluation was the hornets ended up picking Brandon miller over scoot henderson. There is no such thing as a perfect prospect, I cant remember the last guy that got that label outside of Andrew Luck in the NFL. My point to you is that there wasnt much of that done in this situation. Tepper told Bryce back at the bowl game we were gonna draft him. He said that himself. 

Aaron Curry got a universal label as "can't miss/perfect prospect too".  The guy was at best a STer, everyone had him wrong. 

I think the biggest problem is the Panthers had no business trading up to the #1 spot for either young or stroud. Fittterererere gets the blame, but Tepper was hell bent on landing a QB. He failed with Watson and that was after telling everyone in the building watson would be a panther for 2 some years. 

20/20 and all, but the Panthers should have stayed put and drafted Jalen Carter whom fail there. In this past off-season tons of QBs were there for pennies- Wilson, fields, Pickett, Zack Wilson, flacco , tanehill, Jones, etc. They could have easily had the first overall this past year without the trades as well. Just failure after failure, most of which is pointing at Tepper. 

If young fails, it will take nearly 5 years to fix. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Aaron Curry got a universal label as "can't miss/perfect prospect too".  The guy was at best a STer, everyone had him wrong. 

I think the biggest problem is the Panthers had no business trading up to the #1 spot for either young or stroud. Fittterererere gets the blame, but Tepper was hell bent on landing a QB. He failed with Watson and that was after telling everyone in the building watson would be a panther for 2 some years. 

20/20 and all, but the Panthers should have stayed put and drafted Jalen Carter whom fail there. In this past off-season tons of QBs were there for pennies- Wilson, fields, Pickett, Zack Wilson, flacco , tanehill, Jones, etc. They could have easily had the first overall this past year without the trades as well. Just failure after failure, most of which is pointing at Tepper. 

If young fails, it will take nearly 5 years to fix. 

Curry was gonna be a bust even at that time the thought of a Wake Forest product being a top 5 pick was laughable to me. He was just a good talent on a bad football program. That made people fall in love with this Cinderella story. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Curry was gonna be a bust even at that time the thought of a Wake Forest product being a top 5 pick was laughable to me. He was just a good talent on a bad football program. That made people fall in love with this Cinderella story. 

No one thought that at the time. He had the best combine for any LB, no off-field issues, high IQ&football IQ, stats, and size. Perfect......until it came time for NFL reps. I think fitteerere was there in Seattle for the pick....... that team has about 3-4 awful drafts and then one that sets the world on fire. He was also the first LB thought to be able to cover TEs and slot WRs. The next gen LB and safest pick....

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Ageed....Which is why i say, when teams take evaluating seriously enough you can figure things like this out. Hell, in my opinion Bryce was a mediocre talent on a great team, then people fell in love with the whole small guy can succeed story plus the whole Alabama allure which just pushed him more on the panthers and we saw the tear down of Stroud in the media at the same. There are definitely outside influences when it comes to drafting players. We are not just gonna sit here and act like it doesn't exist.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, RJK said:

I’d believe in him if he acted like he cared at all. His mentality was waaaaaaaaay overblown 

I agree.  His demeanor definitely comes across are more apathetic than cool and level headed.  The case of the missing dawg.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I think scouting has just become lazy. Echo chamber where people find buzzwords and keep repeating them. Gas lighting. There are a few outliers but they’re quickly labeled as haters. Racists… regardless of the fact that they prefer the other dude of the same ethnicity. ‘Consensus’ at any cost.

Bro never even had a true head to head throwing evaluation with the others. And he’s tiny. With a terrible deep ball… with ALABAMA receivers and line. And he goes #1 overall… where as Stroud goes in to Athens and carves up a Georgia defense that clowned everybody that year… How does something so completely illogical even happen where it’s Bryce over CJ? 

Frank could not wait to leave this clown show. Dan and other former NFL players on staff green lighted this KID pre-draft? Sorry. Not buying it. 

It’s the pick of the boss who is paying you a crap ton of $$. Yes man it is. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Pie 3