• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today’s Press Conference

CRA

Look I loved Dan the player but I'm not sold on this front office and coaching staff at all. Compare to the Hornets in their complete overhaul of ownership, front office and coaching, then going 7-1 in summer league and having an identity already of tough D and 3 point shooting and rebounding and the coach already has strong bonds with the players and the players appear to have bought in.... it just feels like everyone here is going through the motions, from Dan to Dave Canales to Bryce to the rest of the team. No identity whatsoever.

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Look I loved Dan the player but I'm not sold on this front office and coaching staff at all. Compare to the Hornets in their complete overhaul of ownership, front office and coaching, then going 7-1 in summer league and having an identity already of tough D and 3 point shooting and rebounding and the coach already has strong bonds with the players and the players appear to have bought in.

Lol the summer league...

Panthers haven't even played a preseason game yet, so seems unfair to compare.

Edited by Mage

7 hours ago, Manna said:

y'all the Steve Urkel references are spot on. 

after Bryce throws a pick six: "did I do thaaaat?" 

lol. Not gonna lie, the idea of that playing on the home Jumbotron after turnovers would be the most phenomenal thing ever.

3 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Look I loved Dan the player but I'm not sold on this front office and coaching staff at all. Compare to the Hornets in their complete overhaul of ownership, front office and coaching, then going 7-1 in summer league and having an identity already of tough D and 3 point shooting and rebounding and the coach already has strong bonds with the players and the players appear to have bought in.... it just feels like everyone here is going through the motions, from Dan to Dave Canales to Bryce to the rest of the team. No identity whatsoever.

I'm fine with taking the chance we did on coaches.  I feel OK about that.  I don't understand the huge pass Dan is getting though.  I get that Fitterer was absolutely awful, but this draft and a lot of the decisions felt exactly like Fitterer moves.  Hopefully I'm wrong, but so far it seems like Dan has the same eye for talent that Fitterer did.  Which would make sense since Dan kind of came up under him.

17 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Well this training camp vibe sucks compared to Wofford

The entire vibe for the team sucks now. I used to be so hyped for training camp to start, learn about the new players, see who was going to make an impact this season. And now it’s like I know this team is going to be garbage so I don’t care anymore. 

6 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

I'm fine with taking the chance we did on coaches.  I feel OK about that.  I don't understand the huge pass Dan is getting though.  I get that Fitterer was absolutely awful, but this draft and a lot of the decisions felt exactly like Fitterer moves.  Hopefully I'm wrong, but so far it seems like Dan has the same eye for talent that Fitterer did.  Which would make sense since Dan kind of came up under him.

There are massive red flags for both DC and morgan.  Tons of breadcrumbs especially about morgan that give me pause, but if we are being honest, due to tepper I am betting those guys are the best he could have gotten in the moment.  His reputation is dogshit

10 hours ago, Mage said:

Lol the summer league...

Panthers haven't even played a preseason game yet, so seems unfair to compare.

If you follow the Hornets at all you would know they’ve been historically awful at summer league, i think they event 2-18 last 20 games before this.  I know it’s backup players but it’s about the culture and mindset, and the Hornets definitely have a different vibe to them now after the ownership and front office change. 

Unfortunately Tepper will never sell. The only thing we can hope for is he keeps taking L’s on the chin and eventually just steps away and hires the right president to change this team

50 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There are massive red flags for both DC and morgan.  Tons of breadcrumbs especially about morgan that give me pause, but if we are being honest, due to tepper I am betting those guys are the best he could have gotten in the moment.  His reputation is dogshit

yep, I think Morgan was basically a we can't get any of the dudes the search firm targeted and his Carolina connection makes him the best looking move (despite Morgan being a key player in the Fitterer team and the mess that was created)

I think to an extent, Canales was a lesser version of that.  I think a lot of the hot young coaches weren't looking to come here.  People say well there are only 32 jobs so they will take anything.  The Lions coach doesn't think like that.  And Tepper is bringing HIGH odds that you basically coach for a year or 2 under him and immediately have your HC aspirations thrown into the dark ages after you get fired.  Tepper has 2 pro sports teams and it simply can't be ignored what happens with all his coaches.