• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expectations of Panthers from Rams fan's perspective

I guess I've been intermittently linking vids on here that pretty much align with with my belief that Panthers fans should be realistic about expectations this season.

For me, "The Armchair Quarterback" is absolutely on point with a sense of guarded optimism about the additions on offense and an appreciable dose of skepticism about the defense. Even with his "C.J. Horn" reference, you can tell that he's at least informed about the basics. One thing that he emphasizes is that the 2024 season is all about determining if Bryce is the guy or not. This is really the most important immediate question that speaks to the direction of our franchise.

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

A question you really wish you already knew when you pick number one overall. Sucks.

True dat! But worst in the league is a whole 'nother level of disappointment---the highest, really.

Realistically our offense should be much improved over last year. We couldn’t get out of our own way last year offensively, and Bryce was sacked over 60 times. Our o-line has the talent to be top 10, questions at C with Corbett and LT with Ickey. Canale’s determination to run the ball should help both Ickey and Bryce.

Our receivers group is also improved with Johnson and Legette added to the mix. Protection should be much better so Bryce can show us if he’s franchise material or not. TE’s are still a question, rookie Sanders is an exciting prospect but needs to work on his blocking.

Defense could be ugly. Not much depth on the d-line, if our starters get hurt we’re done. Same for lb’s. Corners are a mess as well. Horn needs to stay healthy and someone else needs to step up and play decent at CB2. Hoping Ejiro can work some magic again this year.

• Pie 2

Diontae can hopefully get open quickly, we work to scheme Legette open, Tremble/Sanders is effective, Hubbard gets moving (with Brooks being phased as the centerpiece of our O by week 4-6ish).  If those happen with a strong performing line, it's a good setup for Bryce.  

Lots of things needing to align.  Every position group needs to make strides to get out of the cellar.

The season lies completely on the shoulders of Bryce Young. We massively improved the offense this offseason, so If he sucks again, we will suck again. If he plays better, he gets another season to prove he's the guy long term.

I have no idea what is going to happen. I really hope Bryce ends up good, it'd be nice to stop throwing assets at the QB position.

23 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

The season lies completely on the shoulders of Bryce Young. We massively improved the offense this offseason, so If he sucks again, we will suck again. If he plays better, he gets another season to prove he's the guy long term.

I have no idea what is going to happen. I really hope Bryce ends up good, it'd be nice to stop throwing assets at the QB position.

IDK about completely but definitely a large portion of it is in his hands. Not much different than any other team in the modern NFL era.

But, sadly, there are a lot of elements of our team that could fail and torpedo us outside Bryce. It's a very, very bad roster overall. 

In the less likely scenario of us being bad but Bryce playing well, at least we would have hope for the future. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Diontae can hopefully get open quickly, we work to scheme Legette open, Tremble/Sanders is effective, Hubbard gets moving (with Brooks being phased as the centerpiece of our O by week 4-6ish).  If those happen with a strong performing line, it's a good setup for Bryce.  

Lots of things needing to align.  Every position group needs to make strides to get out of the cellar.

If Bryce averages 6 YPA, we are screwed again. Like Ukraine and our restrictions on their use of our armaments, you can’t win if you can’t go over the top and get past the defensive backfield. 

plying the quick short game will work for field goals but it will not work for touchdowns and wins. 

The near field methodical game doesn’t fare well when time is short, for one thing.

And we know the defense has to be forced to defend the whole field for an offense to have a good chance. Too easy for them minus that. 

So that is job number one to me if you want to be competitive.