• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Dave Canales, it's about more than just energy

I can't imagine what kind of toxic work place the Rhule era was. Glad that's behind the team now. Canales seems refreshing compared to some of the last coaching staff that they had to deal with. I want to be a little optimistic but I'm holding off until I see how camp plays out. Fool me once.....

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

Lots of subtle Rhule bashing in that piece. Canales does sound like the real deal and seems to have won over the players. You have to believe that it will eventually translate to a winning program.

But during one rep in practice this spring, one offensive player casually chunked it back in the general vicinity of the huddle, where running back Chuba Hubbard caught it and quickly handed it to Corbett.

Canales blew the whistle. He calmly explained to the entire team that's not what he wanted to see. Then he had them re-rack the play and do it again. No yelling and screaming. Teaching point, emphasized, next rep.

The ball went back to Corbett for the rest of the period. And there's a larger lesson there.

Flashback to touching the DBO sign for a false start and making the entire team run laps when the ball was extended over the goal line in practice.

Megalomaniac, small dick energy from Rhule his entire time here.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Tomcatn said:

I can't imagine what kind of toxic work place the Rhule era was. Glad that's behind the team now. Canales seems refreshing compared to some of the last coaching staff that they had to deal with. I want to be a little optimistic but I'm holding off until I see how camp plays out. Fool me once.....

a little optimism, positive attitude, and getting buy-in from your co-workers/teammates goes a long way to building successful outcomes.

Not just in sports

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

a little optimism, positive attitude, and getting buy-in from your co-workers/teammates goes a long way to building successful outcomes.

Not just in sports

Given the last six years the life has been sucked out of this team, its very welcomed. I just hate how it can be very hard to tell if its real, most times it feels faked.

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Given the last six years the life has been sucked out of this team, its very welcomed. I just hate how it can be very hard to tell if its real, most times it feels faked.

Bottom line, he is gonna have to do some tangible good stuff to back it up. If he has the goods that attitude would be a plus.