• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baby names

Matt Foley

The Namipedia Top 10 Boys' and Girls' Names of 2010 So Far:

GIRLS

1. Charlotte

2. Olivia

3. Elizabeth

4. Amelia

5. Emily

6. Ava

7. Ella

8. Claire

9. Emma

10. Violet

BOYS

1. Oliver

2. Owen

3. Henry

4. Liam

5. James

6. Jack

7. Alexander

8. Benjamin

9. William

10. Noah

The Hot Risers:

GIRLS

1. Sookie

2. Tenley

3. Eloise

4. Genevieve

5. Piper

BOYS

1. Castiel

2. Declan

3. Atreyu

4. Dashiell

5. Phineas

Sookie? Phineas?

Hey, while we're on the subject of baby names, let me run one by you guys. Now let me make it clear I would never use this name because of the product it is associated with, but just listen to the word without thinking of the connotation.

Valium.

I think it's a damn strong, masculine name. Sort of like a Norse mix between Valiant and William. I just wish it wasn't already taken.

Phineas Frog....or Fog :)

That's where I knew it form

This is who I think of when the name Phineas comes up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

Phineas P. Gage (July 9?, 1823 – May 21, 1860)[n 2] was a railroad construction foreman now remembered for his incredible survival of an accident in which a large iron rod was driven completely through his head, destroying much of his brain's left frontal lobe, and for that injury's reported effects on his personality and behavior—effects so profound that friends saw him as "no longer Gage."

Now that I think about it, Gage is a pretty badass name.

Now that I think about it, Gage is a pretty badass name.

Not if you read "Pet Sematary" :eek:

The weirdest names seem to come out of Hollywood. Stuff that just makes you go "what the..." :confused:

I've begun to think the Hollywood crowd has a contest going as to who can get their kid's ass kicked the most times on the playground.

Sookie? Phineas?

Hey, while we're on the subject of baby names, let me run one by you guys. Now let me make it clear I would never use this name because of the product it is associated with, but just listen to the word without thinking of the connotation.

Valium.

I think it's a damn strong, masculine name. Sort of like a Norse mix between Valiant and William. I just wish it wasn't already taken.

0a93d675396962.gif

The trouble when you get to my age, is that all the names remind you of Biotches that cheated on you, or a-holes that you knew along the way.

I always liked Sam. If I ever had a son, I would have really pushed to name him that. Simple, yet strong!

If I had a girl, I would have pushed for Lynn. I have known some beautiful Lynn's in my time. (And my favorite MLB pitcher of all time is really named Lynn. Lynn Nolan "The Express!" Ryan!)

Archived