• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So how bad we sucking this year?

Zod

8 hours ago, JRaymond said:

Do I have to resort to writing a long preamble to every post in order to set the context? Bryce is itty bitty compared to the average NFL qb, who stands at 6'3". Was that so difficult to understand? 

And yes, he is a PUNK, because he put on a bunch of worthless water weight to tip the scale at 200 lb at the combine, not to mention he refused to throw. He deliberately misled us like a used car salesman. He is a punk ass punk. GTFO of the league! 

That and more. Because...

I'll call them Field of Bryce Dreams

If you criticize him they will come.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying except for the personalizing. Him as a football player I am pretty much where you are. Probably don’t think he is completely unsalvageable but I don’t see a lot of winning in the cards. Did not want to draft him and was begging not to. 

I did not appreciate the deception at the combine but it’s the game they play. To me that is where the team needs to set their standards. That is who I would be punishing for that, they can’t see through that poo? Really? (I think they did see through it just like most people but it didn’t matter to them they had him at the top).

edited

lol I just saw you banned him. I guess he can still read .....

Edited by strato

This year will tell a lot about our near future. If we show no improvement, more importantly Bryce Young, then we messed up drafting him and will need to figure out how to repair the damage. If that happens I don’t think my heart can take it anymore, for us to miss out in this fashion on several franchise QB’s.

28 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

This year will tell a lot about our near future. If we show no improvement, more importantly Bryce Young, then we messed up drafting him and will need to figure out how to repair the damage. If that happens I don’t think my heart can take it anymore, for us to miss out in this fashion on several franchise QB’s.

Look at the bright side. At least we didn't get sucked in on the Douchawn Watson debacle.

43 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Look at the bright side. At least we didn't get sucked in on the Douchawn Watson debacle.

i was sort of astounded that Tepper had a limit. That would have been a really interesting situation to be inside. 

On 7/21/2024 at 8:30 AM, JRaymond said:

Do I have to resort to writing a long preamble to every post in order to set the context? Bryce is itty bitty compared to the average NFL qb, who stands at 6'3". Was that so difficult to understand? 

And yes, he is a PUNK, because he put on a bunch of worthless water weight to tip the scale at 200 lb at the combine, not to mention he refused to throw. He deliberately misled us like a used car salesman. He is a punk ass punk. GTFO of the league! 

God gtfo with this garbage. There's some sort of other agenda cause there's no way a real Panther fan is just hating this kid like this. Young has been nothing but a standup guy in a brutal situation behind a 16 OG turnstile OL and Thielen+nothing at weapons under a emotionless Frank Reich under an inept Tepper. Give the kid a chance with an exciting coach in Canales. What loser energy to come on the board spouting this nonsense.

Edited by PantherKyle
  • Pie 3

Not as bad as last year... so that is something?  We need improvement.  It's not all about wins, it wasn't last year either, it was just how we played.  The Green Bay game last year was a great game despite losing and those are the games we need as we rebuild.  Getting shut out back to back weeks?  No improvement.  We need to see big improvement from Bryce.  But we're going to probably be pretty bad this year.

• Pie 1

This season is all about the run. Stop theirs while imposing ours. Bryce will look serviceable if we can pick up chunk yards on the ground. It’ll enable him to do his short game and rely on the shear ability on the receiver to make a play. I see run to pass being 65:35. 

We failed miserably at run stopping on crucial drives last year and it lost us several games. Teams that can’t stop the run do not win in the nfl.  

if we can do both we’ll probably win 5-6 games. If not, 2 maybe 3…

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Beer 2