• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So how bad we sucking this year?

Zod

49 minutes ago, csx said:

He was the wrong pick but y'all have amnesia or are revising history to pretend Young wasn't going 1st to whoever. 2nd at the lowest.

Pretty much. Stroud turned out to be better than advertised. No one expected him to have the best rookie season ever. Sure plenty preferred him but at the end of the day Bryce and CJ were 1A and 1B in that class. The Texans HC himself even said that. It turns out Stroud was the better of the two and went to the better situation, amplifying the difference. All we can do now and see what Young can do in a better system with better support and decide if he is our future or not for there. 

57 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Pretty much. Stroud turned out to be better than advertised. No one expected him to have the best rookie season ever. Sure plenty preferred him but at the end of the day Bryce and CJ were 1A and 1B in that class. The Texans HC himself even said that. It turns out Stroud was the better of the two and went to the better situation, amplifying the difference. All we can do now and see what Young can do in a better system with better support and decide if he is our future or not for there. 

If Bryce had thrown the ball at the combine, I guarantee you he wouldn't have been 1A or 1B for any team. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, JRaymond said:

This is going to be a soft ass team because we got a punk ass itty bitty soy boy with a noodle arm as our quarterback. Anything from zero to three wins is possible.

Is this the same dude that insulted and dug around for a picture of Verge just because she didn’t write a Bryce Young hit piece? Soft would be coming after people online with personal attacks just because their opinion of an athlete differs from yours.

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

Is this the same dude that insulted and dug around for a picture of Verge just because she didn’t write a Bryce Young hit piece? Soft would be coming after people online with personal attacks just because their opinion of an athlete differs from yours.

I'd rather be 'soft' than delulu. The few Bryce defenders are all delulu. Don't give a F who Verge is. That article was a delulu puff piece written for goldfish. 

7 minutes ago, JRaymond said:

I'd rather be 'soft' than delulu. The few Bryce defenders are all delulu. Don't give a F who Verge is. That article was a delulu puff piece written for goldfish. 

Kept this iteration of you around long enough. Bye. See you in the next account....which, just a heads up, I'll go ahead and ban it too.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It was pretty evident in that Ohio State-Georgia game that CJ was the best college qb available. Some took it as a one off performance and then the S2! oh no! He did everything you could ask a qb to do in that game against what is basically an NFL level defense, then his kicker missed a game winning field goal so his performance went under the radar. 

23 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It was pretty evident in that Ohio State-Georgia game that CJ was the best college qb available. Some took it as a one off performance and then the S2! oh no! He did everything you could ask a qb to do in that game against what is basically an NFL level defense, then his kicker missed a game winning field goal so his performance went under the radar. 

I agree and wanted Stroud. You can’t teach his kind of arm talent. However the scouts/analysts had it pretty split with more ranking Young higher if I’m being honest. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, JRaymond said:

If Bryce had thrown the ball at the combine, I guarantee you he wouldn't have been 1A or 1B for any team. 

Burrow didn’t throw either. If you know you are going one there is no need for it. Throwing beside AR, Stroud, and Levis would have been dumb. Young’s tape was his top selling factor. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I agree and wanted Stroud. You can’t teach his kind of arm talent. However the scouts/analysts had it pretty split with more ranking Young higher if I’m being honest. 

Yeah I'm just saying Stroud gave everything tangible proof he was him and it blew my mind his performance was taken as a one off. If that kicker had made that field goal and he had a chance for the championship vs Alabama I think the narrative would have changed

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I'm just saying Stroud gave everything tangible proof he was him and it blew my mind his performance was taken as a one off. If that kicker had made that field goal and he had a chance for the championship vs Alabama I think the narrative would have changed

It could have definitely. Young did have beating UGA in his film. Stroud’s team couldn’t beat Michigan or win the Big10. Ryan Day really held him back and didn’t let him play freely until that UGA game when there was nothing to lose. Had they let Stroud play like that all year he would have been the consensus, but I’m not sure the Bear’s trade that pick in that scenario so it’s all for nothing. 

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It could have definitely. Young did have beating UGA in his film. Stroud’s team couldn’t beat Michigan or win the Big10. Ryan Day really held him back and didn’t let him play freely until that UGA game when there was nothing to lose. Had they let Stroud play like that all year he would have been the consensus, but I’m not sure the Bear’s trade that pick in that scenario so it’s all for nothing. 

Good point, we'll see if the Bears also fuged themselves by not just taking Stroud pretty soon! I'm not expecting much from Caleb Williams

• Pie 1