• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF's Top 50

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

The deal is he's not the weakest link of that best in ball unit and he elevates those already elite players. But he's one of those hot topics among QBs, neither of us are alone. I just feel my case is much better, especially after 2023. 

IMO, he is one of the weakest links. 

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Who is then? The rest of those offensive guys are better at their respective positions than Purdy is at his. as evidenced by their ranking on the PFF top 50 and his exclusion.

Explain how he is not the weak link?

OL is the weakest link. Williams is still great, but he showed his age this past season. The others are not close to him. I never cared for PFF, if that's your judgement we will not go anywhere. I think RB and TE are top 3 in most ranking. You could fight some with WRs being ranked lower, but I feel they are close. Deebo took a hit in the ranking, while Aiyuk landed in the top 10 on some list. That's where I have Purdy among QBs. 

49ers simply play better with him, you still have to make the throws and not cause TOs. They let Jimmy and even 3rd overall sam take a start. Purdy blew each out them off the team, clear better player.  He had a good case for MVP if not for CMC in-fighting. Many next gen type of stats have Purdy ranked very high. 

Can you name one elite offense unit with a bad QB? 

Edited by Basbear

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Basbear said:

OL is the weakest link. Williams is still great, but he showed his age this past season. The others are not close to him. I never cared for PFF, if that's your judgement we will not go anywhere. I think RB and TE are top 3 in most ranking. You could fight some with WRs being ranked lower, but I feel they are close. Deebo took a hit in the ranking, while Aiyuk landed in the top 10 on some list. That's where I have Purdy among QBs. 

49ers simply play better with him, you still have to make the throws and not cause TOs. They let Jimmy and even 3rd overall sam take a start. Purdy blew each out them off the team, clear better player.  He had a good case for MVP if not for CMC in-fighting. Many next gen type of stats have Purdy ranked very high. 

Can you name one elite offense unit with a bad QB? 

He had a case for MVP because of CMC, not in spite of him. 

No one said he's a bad QB, he's just not in the same tier as the elite QBs. 

As far as grading them, I will take pff over some random dude on the internet that thinks Purdy is a top QB. 

Dropping names like Sam Darnold and Jimmy gimp is not helping your case either. 

Edited by PootieNunu

So Brock Purdy led the NFL in passer rating by a 10plus points.  He put up amazing stats 5th in nfl in passing yards.   His team is good his coach is good but still takes a great QB to make it happen.  Everyone can keep saying he isnt any good and he can keep putting up crazy stats playoffs superbowls but is what it is would love to have him on this team instead of Byoung.  49ers are set for a while.image.thumb.png.c6f9bda0042fddbd2348ad11e9259316.png

1 hour ago, fanpanther said:

So Brock Purdy led the NFL in passer rating by a 10plus points.  He put up amazing stats 5th in nfl in passing yards.   His team is good his coach is good but still takes a great QB to make it happen.  Everyone can keep saying he isnt any good and he can keep putting up crazy stats playoffs superbowls but is what it is would love to have him on this team instead of Byoung.  49ers are set for a while.image.thumb.png.c6f9bda0042fddbd2348ad11e9259316.png

Do you think he would put up the same or similar stats on our team?

Its the same argument you guys had for Jimmy G and once the 9ers kicked him out he hasnt done poo since. 

Purdy is a good QB, he is not an elite QB. 

26 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Do you think he would put up the same or similar stats on our team?

Its the same argument you guys had for Jimmy G and once the 9ers kicked him out he hasnt done poo since. 

Purdy is a good QB, he is not an elite QB. 

I think if he was on this team last year he would have performed alot better than Bryce Young.  Not as good as he did with the 49ers of course but we would have made the playoffs.  PFF has him 6th in nfl with their rankings I think thats about right currently and when you look at all the qbs in the nfl had me thinking if I were the gm what qbs woudl I take young over... I think maybe 2 .  

1 hour ago, fanpanther said:

I think if he was on this team last year he would have performed alot better than Bryce Young.  Not as good as he did with the 49ers of course but we would have made the playoffs.  PFF has him 6th in nfl with their rankings I think thats about right currently and when you look at all the qbs in the nfl had me thinking if I were the gm what qbs woudl I take young over... I think maybe 2 .  

We maybe win 5 games with Purdy last season, he is not a game changer by himself imo. 

We dont sniff the playoffs. 

12 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

He had a case for MVP because of CMC, not in spite of him. 

No one said he's a bad QB, he's just not in the same tier as the elite QBs. 

As far as grading them, I will take pff over some random dude on the internet that thinks Purdy is a top QB. 

Dropping names like Sam Darnold and Jimmy gimp is not helping your case either. 

2023 season - Overall numbers

1st in passer rating.

1st in ESPN's QBR

2nd in TD Passes

2nd in completion percentage

1st in yards per attempt

20th in passing attempts

2nd in passing yards

This season - Advanced stats

1st in success rate

1st in ANY/A

10 in intended air yards per attempt

1st in YAC per completion

1st in EPA per play

1st in CPOE

Historical:

Purdy has the best EPA per play since 2012, best success rate in 2012, and the 4th best CPOE below russell wilson, peyton manning and drew brees.

Purdy has the best yards per attempt since Kurt Warner's 2000 MVP season(9.6)

Purdy has the best ANY/A since Matt Ryan's MVP season(Purdy is at 9.01 and Ryan was at 9.03)

I once thought he was overrated too, but that was before 2023. Those are elite stats, no matter who's ranking or grading. SInce jimmy or darnold didn't help(agree), how about young or Montana?? Cause he set the 49ers passing record and didnt even play in 17th game. Im telling you guys, you are wrong about this. 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

2023 season - Overall numbers

1st in passer rating.

1st in ESPN's QBR

2nd in TD Passes

2nd in completion percentage

1st in yards per attempt

20th in passing attempts

2nd in passing yards

This season - Advanced stats

1st in success rate

1st in ANY/A

10 in intended air yards per attempt

1st in YAC per completion

1st in EPA per play

1st in CPOE

Historical:

Purdy has the best EPA per play since 2012, best success rate in 2012, and the 4th best CPOE below russell wilson, peyton manning and drew brees.

Purdy has the best yards per attempt since Kurt Warner's 2000 MVP season(9.6)

Purdy has the best ANY/A since Matt Ryan's MVP season(Purdy is at 9.01 and Ryan was at 9.03)

I once thought he was overrated too, but that was before 2023. Those are elite stats, no matter who's ranking or grading. SInce jimmy or darnold didn't help(agree), how about young or Montana?? Cause he set the 49ers passing record and didnt even play in 17th game. Im telling you guys, you are wrong about this. 

I agree i had my doubts about Purdy also but he is becoming an amazing passing qb.  I think alot of people doubt him becaise he isnt athletically gifted but he just throws a great ball and makes great decisions.  He could one day end up like brady bb discussion if coach makes him or he makes coach

4 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

I agree i had my doubts about Purdy also but he is becoming an amazing passing qb.  I think alot of people doubt him becaise he isnt athletically gifted but he just throws a great ball and makes great decisions.  He could one day end up like brady bb discussion if coach makes him or he makes coach

That's another great point that you said and gets overlooked, he has true elite movement. He's great in the pocket motions and knows when to roll out. Its vastly glossed over, but avoiding sacks and negative plays is a key to todays passing league. His TO ratio is great too. Simply a top end QB.