• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young can have a breakout season in 2024

Verge

Tom Brady’s arm is night and day better than Young’s

Like wut

There are throws Young simply cannot make in the NFL. He proved that to be a fact last year. There wasn’t a single throw Tom Brady couldn’t make. What are we even doing here?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Like wut

There are throws Young simply cannot make in the NFL. He proved that to be a fact last year. There wasn’t a single throw Tom Brady couldn’t make. What are we even doing here?

This whole 'Tom Brady had a weak arm' thing has always been laughable. No idea where it came from. Dude was slinging it 55+ air yards at 45 years old and could always fire rockets when it was appropriate. He is in no way an example of a weak-armed QB.

• Beer 3

32 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Like wut

'They're' hoping and ‘we’ are killing their hope with our skepticism. Pretty much. They don’t like that.

The margins are so thin. And ‘we' understand that and are worried about it. ‘They' aren’t.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 2

I’m torn on BY. I didn’t want him at 1 - I was a Stroud guy. I thought he’d get murdered behind our line because he’s so slow and small. When people talk about his top attributes they’re not really physical. He’s smart, great decisions, works hard, etc. 

We all saw what he was last year and it was bad. But… we have also all saw how bad the coaching, scheme, OL, and receivers were as well.

I hope under the new regime Bryce’s positive traits will shine- that said his ceiling seems to be very limited. 

I hope he does better and is better than I and others anticipate this year, but it’d take a miracle I think.

2 hours ago, strato said:

Yes! It is hard as poo already. So why make it harder on yourself with an outlier? 

That’s arguing the draft but it is relevant to his success or failure still today. 

I'll answer this question.  

Bottom line? He is a Panther.  I want to see him succeed.  I want to see our team succeed. 

He was a winner at every level. Good enough that the majority of experts agreed he should have been the 1 overall pick.  So excuse me, that I choose to believe in a winner and want to see him succeed. No part of me is ready to throw in the towel on him after last season.  Last season was the worst joke in the history of our franchise, and that's saying something.   So I am choosing to believe in what got him to  the NFL. He may still bust. As many of you never hesitate, saying he's more likely to bust.  If the coaching staff and the talent around him come together, I honestly don't see how he can bust.  His size is his size.  It doesn't mean he can't play.  Glad Sam Mills never listen to the nay layers. Glad Steve Smith never listened. 

Yes, it is an outlier, although he is OUR outlier, so therefore I am going to trust that a kid whom was a winner at every level is going to turn it around.  If I'm wrong, you and everybody can toast me supporting a Panther that didn't make it. Until then, let's not pretend his story is already written. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

2 hours ago, strato said:

If we get in an argument I am pretty sure I will offer facts and attempt to give reasons for my opinions. If I have belittled you personally in an exchange between us then I am sorry it is something I try to be better than.

Now, disagreeing is not belittling it is disagreeing. Peace

Agreed. 

I actually believe you and I are.more alike than not.

Different opinions, different perspectives. 

• Beer 1

I have serious doubts about this team being watchable this season. It's been several years since they have been watchable.  

I sincerely want to enjoy watching this team thus season.  Otherwise I'm just going check out.  I'd prefer not to do that. 

• Pie 1

I try to be civil and reasonable. I don’t always succeed.

I’ve been watching recordings and enjoying my Sundays free. I don’t look at anything that would give me the scores if I can hjelp it but even if I did it hasn’t mattered. I watch to see them play. I fast forward through all timeouts and challenges etc, and much of the play clock until they get to the line. I rewind a lot of stuff. It's still hard to see really what’s going on with their broadcast angles. 

Anyway, you can check out but keep up that way. Works for me.

If Young does not put it together this year in a legit way and they don’t respond the way I want them to, which is drop him to backup at that point (salary is guaranteed)  I am probably done after 30 years. Big decision but I can’t take the ineptitude much longer.

I’m not happy with the general direction of the NFL, only thing keeping me is the home team. And Tepper has pretty much destroyed that so far.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, strato said:

I try to be civil and reasonable. I don’t always succeed.

I’ve been watching recordings and enjoying my Sundays free. I don’t look at anything that would give me the scores if I can hjelp it but even if I did it hasn’t mattered. I watch to see them play. I fast forward through all timeouts and challenges etc, and much of the play clock until they get to the line. I rewind a lot of stuff. It's still hard to see really what’s going on with their broadcast angles. 

Anyway, you can check out but keep up. If Young does not put ot togethjer this year and they don’t respond the way IO want them too, I am probably done after 30 years. Big decision.

I’m not happy with the general direction of the NFL, only thing keeping me is the home team. And Tepper has pretty much destroyed that so far.

I am surprised with how indifferent I have gotten with the team.  Last game I watched in person was that giants game a few years back. What an embarrassment.   The last couple of seasons I always start the season watching, but it has gotten to the point where I stop watching, unless the team wins, then I watch it. 

I stopped watching non-Panther games when I became a father. Just didn't have the time for it, and now I honestly don't have interest in it.  

I still follow on a daily basis...just I stay busy with my career so it's easy for my to tune out when the season is shot. 

I don't know about giving up. Hadn't gotten that far I suppose. Yet I'm probably not that far away from it either. 

I am excited about the talent at running back. I've always loved a good run game and great defenses. I'm so old school.  

Hard for me to be excited about our pass rush on paper.  I pray I'm wrong about that. 

Funny thing is after 15 plus years, I started playing madden again this last year.  I still enjoy playing. Oh the irony. 

Anyways, I can admit I don't want Young to be  failure, but I also haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he will be.  Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.  I know I want this team to get back to winning so I don't get to the point where I give up on the team.  Life is way more important than the NFL though. If I find the right lady, I can see me just not making the time to watch anymore. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

“Can” and “won’t” are two different things. 

Yes anyone "can" possibly do good at something of their choosing. I'd prefer someone writing an article to go all in and at least say "Why I think Bryce will have a breakout season". Everyone somewhat optimistic about him still has to acknowledge that everything in his game and everyone around him needs to be near perfect for it to work. He has no physical gifts he can lean on when things break down around him, and the OC has to build the whole offense around his limitations while somehow not being too predictable for opposing defenses. A tall ask

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

On 7/19/2024 at 11:47 AM, strato said:

I don’t think I’ve seen a worse half of football by a QB than Mayfield had to open 2022.

Listened to Person. Whatever. I didn’t hear a lot of hype, he said the team loved him personality and character wise (I am paraphrasing). 

Said number 1 in high school, 1 in college, the team expected him to do the same in the NFL. He said thye press was okay with giving Young a pass for last year, mentioned Troy Aikman’s rookie year and kept that honest by adding some guys have had bad rookie years and never had a good year.

Stopped a little short of saying it was a make or break year for Young. Said they wanted to see improvement. 

-------

I say no telling the future for sure, but he has room to improve and still not be the guy. That’s how bad it was. He has to drastically improve and it has to show up in the chunk play department, and in the W-L department.

YeS 

he also said, paraphrased, as a number 1 pick Bryce has to start rising above obstacles …quickly 

• Beer 1

On 7/21/2024 at 6:56 PM, KSpan said:

This whole 'Tom Brady had a weak arm' thing has always been laughable. No idea where it came from. Dude was slinging it 55+ air yards at 45 years old and could always fire rockets when it was appropriate. He is in no way an example of a weak-armed QB.

His rookie year he played in 1 game and his 2nd year they ran a lot (it was still a running league back then). He couldn't throw it farther than 25 yards without it ducking early in his career. He could see the field really well and didn't need a 5 step drop. He did a lot of work on his mechanics in his early years. 

Draft Bio Yeah they were dead wrong about his pocket escape ability 

First start in 2001.