• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young can have a breakout season in 2024

Verge

Nothing that Jake said really supported what he was saying. Whether you agree or not, Verge did that.

Jake is like, well Geno did great with Canales so Bryce will too.

It ignores the experience advantage Smith has, and ignores his deep ball reputation.

https://atozsports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks-news/seahawks-geno-smith-named-best-deep-passer-for-the-2022-season-nfl-news/

PLEASE note I am not saying that doesn’t mean Young won’t improve but it’s a lazy job by Jake; the only real commonality is Canales. And Jake works for the team media so what do you think he is going to say, no comment? 

Haven’t watched Person yet. 

• Beer 3

4 minutes ago, strato said:

Nothing that Jake said really supported what he was saying. Whether you agree or not, Verge did that.

Jake is like, well Geno did great with Canales so Bryce will too.

It ignores the experience advantage Smith has, and ignores his deep ball reputation.

https://atozsports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks-news/seahawks-geno-smith-named-best-deep-passer-for-the-2022-season-nfl-news/

PLEASE note I am not saying that doesn’t mean Young won’t improve but it’s a lazy job by Jake; the only real commonality is Canales. And Jake works for the team media so what do you think he is going to say, no comment? 

Haven’t watched Person yet. 

Even if he meant it more in Canales being responsible for turning Geno and Baker around, yes both can throw it deep. Watching Bakers tape from last year, he is getting the ball out fast, but it also has noticeably more zip and Bryce. Without the deep ball and the zip into tight windows I'm not sure if the passing game is going to compliment the run first thing like Canales is used to. No Seattle Wilson like scramble yolo balls either, those just get thrown out of bounds 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Even if he meant it more in Canales being responsible for turning Geno and Baker around, yes both can throw it deep. Watching Bakers tape from last year, he is getting the ball out fast, but it also has noticeably more zip and Bryce. Without the deep ball and the zip into tight windows I'm not sure if the passing game is going to compliment the run first thing like Canales is used to. No Seattle Wilson like scramble yolo balls either, those just get thrown out of bounds 

Baker’s tape with us looked pretty bad though. He had trouble not getting balls batted down at the LOS. 

I don’t think I’ve seen a worse half of football by a QB than Mayfield had to open 2022.

Listened to Person. Whatever. I didn’t hear a lot of hype, he said the team loved him personality and character wise (I am paraphrasing). 

Said number 1 in high school, 1 in college, the team expected him to do the same in the NFL. He said thye press was okay with giving Young a pass for last year, mentioned Troy Aikman’s rookie year and kept that honest by adding some guys have had bad rookie years and never had a good year.

Stopped a little short of saying it was a make or break year for Young. Said they wanted to see improvement. 

-------

I say no telling the future for sure, but he has room to improve and still not be the guy. That’s how bad it was. He has to drastically improve and it has to show up in the chunk play department, and in the W-L department.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I hope I’m wrong and that he has a spectacular year. That would be something.

The analysis is based on the biggest difference between Bryce optimists and pessimists. The optimist “saw a lot of flashes of greatness”, while the pessimist did not. I certainly didn’t see the level or amount of flashes needed to be an upper level starting QB in this league. But again, hopefully I’m completely wrong.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I was just joking. I think he will be better. How much better? Who knows? If it’s bad enough we will just move on. 

He genuinely can't get much worse.

• Pie 5

4 hours ago, Verge said:

I know I have been asked before to go into some more detail on my optimism of Bryce going into next season. While this isn't an ultimate film study or anything, I feel like I articulate pretty well some of my feelings of why I have not lost hope with him moving forward here. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/carolina-panthers/news/bryce-young-going-shock-nfl-2024/2d2b314b2c48b49dd3696f82

o6OJaUn-IzLaqga49tU9n9HbX33yRCwMXQAt0VQTIsk.gif.ed21b0b3db0f1fe1099bfda00c0bd3a9.gif

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, strato said:

I don’t think I’ve seen a worse half of football by a QB than Mayfield had to open 2022.

Listened to Person. Whatever. I didn’t hear a lot of hype, he said the team loved him personality and character wise (I am paraphrasing). 

Said number 1 in high school, 1 in college, the team expected him to do the same in the NFL. He said thye press was okay with giving Young a pass for last year, mentioned Troy Aikman’s rookie year and kept that honest by adding some guys have had bad rookie years and never had a good year.

Stopped a little short of saying it was a make or break year for Young. Said they wanted to see improvement. 

-------

I say no telling the future for sure, but he has room to improve and still not be the guy. That’s how bad it was. He has to drastically improve and it has to show up in the chunk play department, and in the W-L department.

This is the problem for me. The guy has to make a massive improvement just to be a middle of the pack QB. 

• Pie 1

It's interesting how a position like "I'm not ready to write off Bryce Young yet" has for months been considered delusional cope by a very vocal and active group of posters on these boards, but with the broader general fanbase that's actually a relatively mild take that >90% would agree with.  This just goes to show how incredibly radicalized the Huddle has become.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5644267/2024/07/18/carolina-panthers-fan-survey-results-bryce-young/

image.png.5a5e67042d76dee155911d9ac84090cd.png

• Pie 3