• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Aiyuk trade

11 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

We don’t need to trade another first and this year isn’t about playoffs or Super Bowl. It is about evaluation. We need that first round pick and after Bryce I never want to see another first round pick traded ever again.

No way we trade 2025 first that would be insanity.  If they did want to pursue something it would have to start with a second and go from there.  They probably would do it for 2 seconds but that is still steep

If the team was clearly pushing for a deep run into the playoffs it'd be criminal to not explore the cost of a trade at least.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of questions right now. New GM, HC, and a QB in their second year after a rough rookie outing. With all of these unknowns, I can understand Panthers' fans not wanting to commit anymore draft capital until they know for sure what the team's current investments will yield.

Though if we're talking about 49ers WRs, I'd be excited as Hell to see Deebo Samuel in Carolina across from XL. He's due $25M next season and the 49ers could save $9M by cutting him (doubtful), but then after that he's a free agent. Granted he'll be 30 - 31 by then, but it'd still be fun. 😄

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

If the team was clearly pushing for a deep run into the playoffs it'd be criminal to not explore the cost of a trade at least.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of questions right now. New GM, HC, and a QB in their second year after a rough rookie outing. With all of these unknowns, I can understand Panthers' fans not wanting to commit anymore draft capital until they know for sure what the team's current investments will yield.

Though if we're talking about 49ers WRs, I'd be excited as Hell to see Deebo Samuel in Carolina across from XL. He's due $25M next season and the 49ers could save $9M by cutting him (doubtful), but then after that he's a free agent. Granted he'll be 30 - 31 by then, but it'd still be fun. 😄

They seem to be investing in Deebo and CMC instead of Aiyuk, which is extremely perplexing. 

If you asked most NFL teams which of those three weapons they would want, most are likely to say Aiyuk.

I'm okay with this, though. fug the 49ers.

30 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

I'd rather let XL develop and resign Johnson ( Who I think is about to go off ). 

Yeah that is something too. Be not funny if they spent draft plus gave a top contract to Aiyuk and little old Johnson goes off and there is no money for him. And you can’t trade him can you? UFA after the season. 

I think we have placed our big bets already let the wheel spin.

21 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

They seem to be investing in Deebo and CMC instead of Aiyuk, which is extremely perplexing. 

If you asked most NFL teams which of those three weapons they would want, most are likely to say Aiyuk.

I'm okay with this, though. fug the 49ers.

CMC is much more valuable IMHO. Have you noticed the deluge of college WR talent? Deebo was a mistake and he got hurt. Don’t forget that Deebo signed his extension before CMC was on the team.

That said, if they cut Deebo, they can extend Aiyuk after this year/franchise him. I also think they could draft more WRs if they don’t want to pay Aiyuk crazy money. They drafted one and it wouldn’t be hard to draft another. With Kittle and CMC, you get open WRs.

22 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

We don’t need to trade another first and this year isn’t about playoffs or Super Bowl. It is about evaluation. We need that first round pick and after Bryce I never want to see another first round pick traded ever again.

No kidding. Look at how many draft picks we gave away in shitty trades and didn’t get back when offered hauls. That’s we are where we are, this stupid feeling like we were somehow still competitive when the core of the 2013-2017 teams was gone. We never ripped off the bandaid and said it’s actually time to rebuild so let’s build the war chest of real young talent. Aiyuk would be another stupid move that would harm our future to go 5-12 this year.

• Pie 1