• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Aiyuk trade

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Johnson and Ayiuk will both want to be paid, plus we need to hold on to our draft assets for a change.  We aren't making a run next year so I wouldn't go all in on it.  

51 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'd do it for some 2's, but no firsts.

This is Bryce's make or break year and we can't gamble our first rounder away if he sucks major ass again next season.

This is a CYA situation, and that entails holding on to a first round pick to use on a QB again next season if necessary.

We can't afford to utilize draft capital especially a first rounder. There's a good chance we'll be in the top 5 probably top 3 thinking about it. But we'd also have a extremely strong WR group Johnson, Ayuik, AT, and XL should be something any average QB could go get busy with. But I also don't think we could pay Ayuik and Johnson and both need to paid by next year. But we'll be having a A rookie QB deal for 3 more years or we'll draft another one and be on a rookie QB deal for 5 more years after this year so we'll have capital to make things happen.

The guy wants out of a Super Bowl contender so that he can get more exposure and more money.

Let that sink in.

No one in the NFL should ever want to trade away their shot at a Lombardi trophy and a Super Bowl ring (especially if they haven't got one) if they are on a team that is still very much a favored conteder.

If he already had that ring, yeah, maybe.

But honestly, if you aren't motivated to win a championship right now, then what kind of motivational addition is this guy going to be for a team? 

Let's not just pass but make it a hard pass. We've had enough guys come here because they wanted a paycheck.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I swear.  The panthers fan base is allergic to good players. Probably the same bunch that were pissed they drafted Luke when we had Beason.  If it were up to y’all this team would have no good players….oh wait.  

How are you going to pay him and are you willing to risk giving up a top 5 possible top 2 pick for him?

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I swear.  The panthers fan base is allergic to good players. Probably the same bunch that were pissed they drafted Luke when we had Beason.  If it were up to y’all this team would have no good players….oh wait.  

I am a big whatever on your criticism. Keep chirping I don’t care. We have how many draft rounds invested there right now? 3 years in a row one per year. 2nd, 2nd, 1st all vying for number 3 WR

It ain’t guitar collecting, WRs do not get more valuable hanging on the wall not being used. 

Maybe we develop the overflowing WR room and maybe then WE can get some picks coming our way for once.

Edited by strato