• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Aiyuk trade

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

no.  next question

Why? Aiyuk Xavier and Adam Thielen automatically be one of the top five receiving corps in the NFL and y’all Bryce nut huggers that love Bryce Young wouldn’t that make him better as well?

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly not for trading away significant assets until we're confident that we have QB solved.

I think you would know really fast if he is with that level of talent. Best case, it’s takes Bryce over the edge and he becomes good. Worst case, he still stinks and the next qb has talented WRs to come okay for. It’s a win win for now and the future. 

Just now, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I think you would know really fast if he is with that level of talent. Best case, it’s takes Bryce over the edge and he becomes good. Worst case, he still stinks and the next qb has talented WRs to come okay for. It’s a win win for now and the future. 

You still have to acquire that next QB in the worst case scenario. That's why I'm for conserving future assets. We might need them to get that QB. If you don't have a QB you don't have a shot. Can Bryce be Brock Purdy in the perfect scenario? Maybe. But Brock Purdy will turn into a liability once the Niners have to pay him. 

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You still have to acquire that next QB in the worst case scenario. That's why I'm for conserving future assets. We might need them to get that QB. If you don't have a QB you don't have a shot. Can Bryce be Brock Purdy in the perfect scenario? Maybe. But Brock Purdy will turn into a liability once the Niners have to pay him. 

and we cannot afford him

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure we could. You can always get creative with contract structure.

I think the # he wants is $30 mil per.  thats a lot to move around as it stands right now and like you say if we give away more draft assets that pretty much ties us to Bryce for the foreseeable future and I doubt anyone wants to do that without seeing 2024

Plus I seriously doubt san fran wants to trade him

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think the # he wants is $30 mil per.  thats a lot to move around as it stands right now and like you say if we give away more draft assets that pretty much ties us to Bryce for the foreseeable future and I doubt anyone wants to do that without seeing 2024

Plus I seriously doubt san fran wants to trade him

Trading for him would likely cost next year's first and if BY doesn't perform, that's going to be a top 2 pick. I'd rather draft an elite WR and pay far less if that's the option we have to go. 

• Pie 5

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Trading for him would likely cost next year's first and if BY doesn't perform, that's going to be a top 2 pick. I'd rather draft an elite WR and pay far less if that's the option we have to go. 

This would be the only way I wouldn’t do it. But for a couple 2nd rounders. Sure. 

I'd do it for some 2's, but no firsts.

This is Bryce's make or break year and we can't gamble our first rounder away if he sucks major ass again next season.

This is a CYA situation, and that entails holding on to a first round pick to use on a QB again next season if necessary.

• Pie 2