• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Waiting on the owner”

11 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Non issue.  Classic negotiating.

”Let me talk to my boss” to slow things down and gain leverage, which they did.

If Teppers tenure hadnt been filled with blunder after blunder and had been even a tiny bit successful, maybe. I'd see it more as weakness from GM who doesn't have any real power and the ultimate decision rests with a man that doesn't know football. 

• Pie 1

"running it by the owner" is not an issue. It's just overblown with Tepper's history of meddling. Giants owner Mara was involved about the possibility of losing Saquan to Philly. These are multimillion dollar transactions of the owner's money, I would want to know if I had to pay that. 

• Pie 5

3 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Considering it was Brian Burns, I'm sure Tepper had to sign-off on it. There is probably 1-4 players on the roster with that status. I highly doubt he would have needed approval if it was somebody like DiCaprio Bootle.

yeah, Tepper most likely has been very involved in all of our bad trades.   The constant.  Because we have traded a lot of top players and capital. 

and general grade there is pretty bad. 

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

"running it by the owner" is not an issue. It's just overblown with Tepper's history of meddling. Giants owner Mara was involved about the possibility of losing Saquan to Philly. These are multimillion dollar transactions of the owner's money, I would want to know if I had to pay that. 

Nothing overblown about Tepper at this stage. 

Tepper has 5 seasons in the books as the Panthers owner.  5 different men have taken the field as our HC in that time span. 

Tepper has a soccer team.  3 years in.  3 different men have taken the field as their HC. 

Frankly, Tepper being in a small market with teams no one cares about..... gets less heat than someone in a different city would be getting. 

51 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Right, that is the normal way teams operate when it comes to franchise players.  Sounds like the deal was in place, Morgan ran it by Tepper, and he approved it.  If it was Tepper saying "we need to trade X player or acquire this player" then yeah it would fall under the "meddling" label he has been assigned with.  This appears to be some what normal.  

• Pie 6